PDA

View Full Version : Questions for DfE / Ofsted from independent childminders

sarah707
13-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Most childminders tell us that they want to remain independent of agencies.

We are working with children and families right now - we are successful small businesses - we need support and help and clarity now...

The Childminding Forum is here to support all members - including those who want to stay independent.

So... if you could ask DfE / Ofsted one question about your future as an independent childminder - what would it be?

I have a lot of ideas to take to DfE / Ofsted myself (Ofsted fees, information sharing, inspection concerns, registration worries etc) but I want to reflect the views of our members as well.

You can message me if you would rather not post.

Thank you :D

hectors house
13-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Definitely would want to know about annual registration fees for independent childminders and how much they will charge us for conducting an inspection (or will that cost be built into the annual fees)?

Simona
17-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Have there been any interesting questions?

loocyloo
17-12-2013, 05:12 PM
not sure quite how to phrase it as a question ... but I am sure I have read that LAs will still have the remit to support childminders who do not belong to an agency. AND not just those childminders who are unsatisfactory/require improvement ( as is the way it is currently going ). how will LAs be 'encouraged' and supported to work with childminders and what support will they be 'allowed' to offer? FIS services/lists etc? ... as surely they will still keep lists of preschools/schools etc, so really ought to keep lists of childminders, and make those available for parents who enquire, also to be allowed to tell parents that childminders are an option for childcare, can offered funded sessions, and are independent and so not linked to XYZ etc.