PDA

View Full Version : Which childcare register?

hawkesn
10-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Which childcare register?

Hi there

I wonder if someone can help me out a bit!

I have made the decision to just care for school age children but the youngest child I look after is in reception (she was 5 this month) so she still counts as an EYFS child for Ofsted purposes until next August (although I haven't been doing any EYFS paperwork for her (planning reports etc) as talking to other childminders they don't for reception children, She just has a scrap book that she can draw/stick in when she wants and we makes things for Halloween/christmas etc.

So if I have an Ofsted inspection (which is due) am I right in thinking that I can only get a satisfactory as I don't have any EYFS children on role as such? Next August i was going to go on the childcare register for over 5s as she will be in year 1 then but the year after her brother starts school so if I have him I will be back to square one again and I'm not sure if I can change registers again easily?

Many thanks

sarah707
10-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I suggest you stay on the early years register because it gives you flexibility if you do want to take on a 4/5 year old still in Eyfs.

Just explain your situation to the inspector and I am sure s/he will advise you :D