PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care

dawnyp
04-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi there, please help advice needed, my son who is 3 and a half currently does pre school in the mornings, will go to full time school in sep next year. I currently have two under 5 s each day apart from one of the days where I don't have anyone. So in the afternoons including my own son I have 3 under 5s.

I have had an enquiry from a lady who would like one day poss two in a couple of months time. Could I take on her son in the day I have zero children and then in a couple of months under the continuity of care take her for another day, technically then I will have four on the other day she wants. In sep everything will be back to three as my son goes to school.

Thanks in advance

charlottenash
04-12-2013, 07:37 PM
It's upto you but I think it's bad practice to add it as continuity of care in a few months when you've planned ahead to do it.

jadavi
05-12-2013, 06:10 AM
I would say fine as its only for a few months and you can put all the checks in place - ie risk assessment and parents sign permission. The real question is if you can genuinely cope as four is a lot alone.

charlottenash
05-12-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't think anyone's reading what I'm posting lol. Mum is having a baby - I am NOT doing those hours for a baby. I'd rather they had the opportunity to find another CM before baby is here.

Issue 2, I don't like the setup and they can't change it, they only tell me day before what hours they need.

charlottenash
05-12-2013, 06:51 AM
And also I've only been a CM for 9 months, I don't think it's wise to do a variation even if I could - which I can't.

Rubybubbles
05-12-2013, 09:01 AM
It's upto you but I think it's bad practice to add it as continuity of care in a few months when you've planned ahead to do it.

I agree you 'already know' you don't have spaces on the other days

Chatterbox Childcare
05-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't think anyone's reading what I'm posting lol. Mum is having a baby - I am NOT doing those hours for a baby. I'd rather they had the opportunity to find another CM before baby is here.

Issue 2, I don't like the setup and they can't change it, they only tell me day before what hours they need.

I am confused - did a previous post get amended or deleted????

smurfette
05-12-2013, 09:21 AM
I am confused - did a previous post get amended or deleted????

Thought it was just me not awake yet lol!!

charlottenash
05-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh crikey just seen this lol! It was relating to my post, I was quite obviously half asleep haha sorry for confusion xxx

charlottenash
05-12-2013, 04:28 PM
I must still be sleeping because that made no sense either.

I had a post about continuity of care and in my sleepy haze I thought this was that post :)