PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

lorettacritchet
29-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I am in the process of preparing an invoice for a mother who is on shift basis. On the contract it says during holidays I can charge her 39 hours per week. However in this instance, she is working a few hours on a Monday before going on holiday so when I work out the invoice, do I minus the hours she has worked on the monday off the total 39 hours or the Monday hours + 39 hours for the a holiday? Hope that isn't too confusing?

thanks

dawn100
29-11-2013, 10:58 AM
If I'm understanding this right she is off and holiday as is contracted to a minimum of 39 hours per week and that she pays for her holidays in full for the 39 hours in which case as I assume your week runs mon -fri I would say you would need to deduct these hours off the 39. If i undestand correct and she was on holiday on the mon as well you would only be charging 39 hours so why would you charge her more if she's only on holiday for part of the week? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

lorettacritchet
29-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah it's what I have done already, just need confirmation! thanks

If I'm understanding this right she is off and holiday as is contracted to a minimum of 39 hours per week and that she pays for her holidays in full for the 39 hours in which case as I assume your week runs mon -fri I would say you would need to deduct these hours off the 39. If i undestand correct and she was on holiday on the mon as well you would only be charging 39 hours so why would you charge her more if she's only on holiday for part of the week? Sorry if I've misunderstood.

dawn100
29-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Glad my reply made sense to you. Sometimes I think in the more unusual the contract the more of a headache it is to work out the bill.