PDA

View Full Version : Any advice please would be great

Ebs71
17-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi ladies hope someone can help me? I recently posted an advert on mumsnet which a lady has replied asking me if i 'offer term-time only'..... am i right in saying if i did should i be asking the lady for a retainer during the time i dont have her child to keep the place for her?

Thanks in advance xx

Spangles
17-07-2008, 08:26 PM
That's entirely up to you.

Personally, I don't, I do purely term-time only contracts and charge nothing during the holidays but then others do.

It's your decision.

crazybones
17-07-2008, 08:28 PM
That's entirely up to you.

Personally, I don't, I do purely term-time only contracts and charge nothing during the holidays but then others do.

It's your decision.

I do the same. But then I also have holiday only contracts so it works well for me.

Rubybubbles
17-07-2008, 08:28 PM
same as above, but some will charge 1/2 fee as they can't fill the space

sarah707
17-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't charge for the time the child doesn't come...

It's not like the child was booked for term time and holiday and the parent changed their mind.

They are making it clear what they want from you from the beginning iyswim :D

Spangles
17-07-2008, 08:41 PM
In my eyes it's just like a parent saying they only want Monday to Wednesday each week, you wouldn't then charge them for Thursday and Friday. It's the same to me except obviously a bit more awkward to fill!

That's the way I look at it anyway.

Rainy
17-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I do two term time only jobs. I charge 1/2 fee retainer for the school holidays but i also make it clear to parents that i am available duing that time if they need me (with a bit of notice).

Also i then do not take any time off for my holidays though the rest of the year as i know i am more than likely to get plenty of time of in school hols.

Ebs71
17-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for your replies, they are all really helpful. I wasnt sure what i should do to be honest with it all being so knew to me iykwim.

Thanks again Ladies

miffy
18-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Good luck - hope you get the job

Miffy xx

littletreasures
18-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I do two term time only jobs. I charge 1/2 fee retainer for the school holidays but i also make it clear to parents that i am available duing that time if they need me (with a bit of notice).

Also i then do not take any time off for my holidays though the rest of the year as i know i am more than likely to get plenty of time of in school hols.

That's what I do too.

littletreasures

miss mopple
18-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I have a term time only mindee ad I charge half fee retainer for the school hols and the space is there if they need it.

I always take my holiday in school hols so they don't pay then as I'm not available