PDA

View Full Version : Help, what paperwork do I need?

sarahdarcy
26-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone, Im new to all this and waiting to get registered. Could somebody please tell me exactly what paperwork I need for each child? I have just started an EYFS course and was given a sheet called 'EYFS Settling in Record' which should be done within the first 2 weeks of a child starting. This was the 1st time I had ever seen that and im now wondering what else I should have! Where do we go to find out?? Also observation sheets, where do I get these and how often should these and the highlighting sheets be done? I feel so confused with it all and dont know which way to turn :-( TIA xx

Simona
26-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone, Im new to all this and waiting to get registered. Could somebody please tell me exactly what paperwork I need for each child? I have just started an EYFS course and was given a sheet called 'EYFS Settling in Record' which should be done within the first 2 weeks of a child starting. This was the 1st time I had ever seen that and im now wondering what else I should have! Where do we go to find out?? Also observation sheets, where do I get these and how often should these and the highlighting sheets be done? I feel so confused with it all and dont know which way to turn :-( TIA xx

The best advice I would give you is to read the EYFS...as you go through the Welfare requirements you will become aware of what evidence or policies you require...policies are not compulsory for cms but I think all cms do them ...it would be best really.

Settling in is different from the time a child actually starts in your setting. By the time this starts you should have a signed contract, deposit and all signed forms back from the parents with consent for medicines, policies, fees payment agreement, etc etc.

During settling in you would want to find out as much as possible about the child, what he/she does at home, likes/dislikes, routine, food he likes, favourite toys or activities...in a way you can start forming a picture of the child 'all about me'
Jot this down in his/her records...I have a page in my contract where I record all this information (good to show Ofsted)

Once a child starts care you can start observing for his 'starting points' on the 3 prime Areas ( I personally call it 'what I can do')...set a time for the initial obs and then the next step would be to plan for his development.

We are all different so have different forms but try to chat with other cms for ideas...can you go to a Stay and Play and share info or ask for support? take the EYFS with you, I am sure someone will help you.

So difficult to give this kind of help in a forum but hope this helps...come back if you need more.

sarahdarcy
27-11-2013, 02:18 PM
The best advice I would give you is to read the EYFS...as you go through the Welfare requirements you will become aware of what evidence or policies you require...policies are not compulsory for cms but I think all cms do them ...it would be best really.

Settling in is different from the time a child actually starts in your setting. By the time this starts you should have a signed contract, deposit and all signed forms back from the parents with consent for medicines, policies, fees payment agreement, etc etc.

During settling in you would want to find out as much as possible about the child, what he/she does at home, likes/dislikes, routine, food he likes, favourite toys or activities...in a way you can start forming a picture of the child 'all about me'
Jot this down in his/her records...I have a page in my contract where I record all this information (good to show Ofsted)

Once a child starts care you can start observing for his 'starting points' on the 3 prime Areas ( I personally call it 'what I can do')...set a time for the initial obs and then the next step would be to plan for his development.

We are all different so have different forms but try to chat with other cms for ideas...can you go to a Stay and Play and share info or ask for support? take the EYFS with you, I am sure someone will help you.

So difficult to give this kind of help in a forum but hope this helps...come back if you need more.

Hi, Ive done all my policies and contracts its the observation, highlighting sheets etc that im stuck with. I dont know anybody local who could help! Really thought the EYFS course would help but it hasnt. Thankyou for getting back to me

Simona
29-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi, Ive done all my policies and contracts its the observation, highlighting sheets etc that im stuck with. I dont know anybody local who could help! Really thought the EYFS course would help but it hasnt. Thankyou for getting back to me

My advice is to use Development Matters as a guidance
Look at the age bracket your child is in and what his development should be like in the areas of learning
Children vary but you can plan activities to encourage progress in any area using 'stepping stones'
Set up activities and also follow the child's own interests and observe what he is doing, saying, how concentrated he is, what help you need to give him and how you are extending his learning

If you were here I could show you in no time...not sure this will help but come back again if you have more questions

sarahdarcy
05-12-2013, 08:56 AM
My advice is to use Development Matters as a guidance
Look at the age bracket your child is in and what his development should be like in the areas of learning
Children vary but you can plan activities to encourage progress in any area using 'stepping stones'
Set up activities and also follow the child's own interests and observe what he is doing, saying, how concentrated he is, what help you need to give him and how you are extending his learning

If you were here I could show you in no time...not sure this will help but come back again if you have more questions

Thanks Simona, wish I was there!!! Where are you based out of interest? x

Simona
10-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks Simona, wish I was there!!! Where are you based out of interest? x

I am in Rugby land!!! Twickenham!!