PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with the LO's?

Tink
25-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

For the first time in 4 years all my children are under 3.

I have planned to make Christmas cards, sticking and colouring etc just wondered if anyone had something exciting for me to make with the little ones under 2?

Thanks in advance xx

Daftbat
25-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Not particularly exciting but today I have done a new activity which I saw on another forum. We got mirrors out and painted our reflections and then laid a piece of paper over it to get a print. The activity was really good even for small ones as we got some general painting which came out a bit advant garde SP??? Anyway, it also lent itself to talking about how different we all are and about the shapes of our faces, eye colour etc. The best bit was seeing the children's reaction to being told to paint on the mirror. Even the school age kids wanted a go when we got back from school!

Mouse
25-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Last year we made shaker bottles & we'll be doing them again this year as the children liked them so much.

I saved up some clear water bottles and we filled them with all sorts of christmassy things - shaped sequins, red & green pom poms, glitter etc. The children loved making them & playing with them. At home time I put a lit up glow stick in each of them and, as it was dark, they glowed all the way home!

Stapleton83
25-11-2013, 06:22 PM
I had two under two today and we made some salt dough with them helping me do the pouring and mixing then they had a whale of a time rolling out and doing shapes ready to be baked for making Christmas tree decorations :)

Sam x

lisbet
25-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Last year we made shaker bottles & we'll be doing them again this year as the children liked them so much.

I saved up some clear water bottles and we filled them with all sorts of christmassy things - shaped sequins, red & green pom poms, glitter etc. The children loved making them & playing with them. At home time I put a lit up glow stick in each of them and, as it was dark, they glowed all the way home!

This sounds perfect for my lot! Thanks for sharing :clapping:

Can I ask: How much did you fill each bottle? x

loocyloo
25-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Sounds like fun x

Tulip
25-11-2013, 07:58 PM

They sound super Mouse I bet the children absolutely loved them especially with glow sticks :)

Mouse
25-11-2013, 08:03 PM
This sounds perfect for my lot! Thanks for sharing :clapping:

Can I ask: How much did you fill each bottle? x

We used the 500ml bottles and they were between a quarter and half full, depending what the children put in them (pompoms take up more space). It's best not to have too much in them so they shake well.

We've done colour ones before as well - all red things in one, yellow in another etc. They were good. The children play with them for ages :thumbsup:

Mouse
25-11-2013, 08:05 PM
They sound super Mouse I bet the children absolutely loved them especially with glow sticks :)

They really did love them.

Another thing I did was put some battery fairy lights in a clear box with pompoms, baubles, tinsel etc. That was a big hit.

lisbet
25-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the bottle advice...and now for the Christmassy box idea! :thumbsup:

Tink
27-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you for the ideas:thumbsup: