PDA

View Full Version : Preparing children for your Ofsted inspection

sarah707
22-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I have put some thoughts on my blog - I hope you find them interesting :D

Preparing the children for Ofsted inspection - (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/1/post/2013/11/preparing-the-children-for-ofsted-inspection.html)

Mrs Scrubbit
22-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks Sarah, very helpful...........as always xx

Tulip
22-11-2013, 10:40 PM
More top tips, thanks very much :)

benandjerrys
22-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Sarah - I have a 3 year old and two non walking babies, how would I physically go about this? I can't put babies on the floor and can't carry two babies around either. Any suggestions?

sarah707
23-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Sarah - I have a 3 year old and two non walking babies, how would I physically go about this? I can't put babies on the floor and can't carry two babies around either. Any suggestions?

Which suggestion are you thinking about?? :D

littlemiss60561
23-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks sarah. Don't suppose you do home visits do you? Kind of like the 3 day nanny but for cms?!

sarah707
23-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks sarah. Don't suppose you do home visits do you? Kind of like the 3 day nanny but for cms?!

If you live nearby I am always happy to welcome colleagues to share good practice :D

benandjerrys
23-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Sorry, I mean about getting out in the garden

sarah707
24-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Sorry, I mean about getting out in the garden

It is a requirement to make sure children are offered the opportunity to go outside every day - so they need to be bundled up and taken outside! Snow suits, blankets and cushions on the floor, a covered area, interesting treasure baskets to explore etc will help you to comply...

A childminder colleague received an action at her inspection because she took the baby outside but didn't have a clear plan for what she was going to do with him - she showed him leaves, talked about the trees etc but her Ofsted inspector said this wasn't enough - so it is something that is worth thinking through.

Hth :D

sing-low
25-11-2013, 08:02 PM
It is a requirement to make sure children are offered the opportunity to go outside every day - so they need to be bundled up and taken outside! Snow suits, blankets and cushions on the floor, a covered area, interesting treasure baskets to explore etc will help you to comply...

A childminder colleague received an action at her inspection because she took the baby outside but didn't have a clear plan for what she was going to do with him - she showed him leaves, talked about the trees etc but her Ofsted inspector said this wasn't enough - so it is something that is worth thinking through.

Hth :D

I must admit I struggle a bit with this one with non-walkers. Does the requirement to go outside mean that they must play outside? We always go out, because of school/pre-school runs but that means out in a pushchair, not out crawling around and exploring (and putting everything in mouths!).