PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young people's workforce course

Happiness
20-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi, is anyone doing Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young people's workforce course? Do you study from home or at college? How hard is it?
I used to work in accountancy so completely different background. TIA.

Rick
20-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi, is anyone doing Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young people's workforce course? Do you study from home or at college? How hard is it?
I used to work in accountancy so completely different background. TIA.

Yes I am doing a distance learning course through The Childcare Company. I had my direct observation (in my home) yesterday which evidenced 22% of my course; I am now 76% through. It is not hard BUT you have to be prepared to sacrifice a few hours a week. Depending on how long the workplan is, how long you have to do it and how many tutorials you need to look through, it can be between 5 and 10 hours a week.

Hope that helps :)

mrs robbie williams
21-11-2013, 07:05 AM
waiting for my funding approved then will be starting mine :)

Mrsh3103
21-11-2013, 07:15 AM
I started mine in September with my local college. My tutor visits me once every5 weeks. I had an observation done last week which so far has been the hardest bit!
Like mtk said it isn't hard but you just need to find the time to fit it in along with all the paperwork for childminding and actually having a life!

Happiness
21-11-2013, 02:52 PM
My funding has just been approved and it looks like the course will be starting in January. Marsh how often do you go to college? I work over 40 hours a week and soon will be doing some Saturdays too so not so sure if I can fit that in. My course runs for 15 months.
Sorry I am just asking for a bit of advice before I make any decision. Don't want to agree to it and give up in the middle of the course because I can't get to college or can't manage the coursework etc. TIA.x

Mrsh3103
22-11-2013, 07:17 AM
I don't have to go into the college at all. They come to me :) I'd never have found the time to go to college. I put 2 evenings a week aside to do coursework. I have to make sacrifices to fit it all in but I just keep reminding myself and dh that it'll be worth it in the end :)

Happiness
22-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Cheers Mrsh. That's the reply I was hoping for :)