PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter help please.

gremlin
20-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi,

I'm really struggling with starting a newsletter and I'm getting a bit stuck what to put in it and how to lay it out.

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share a sample of their newsletter?

Thanks Sarah x

cherry
20-11-2013, 07:55 AM
This template is from the Bromley site

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/Sample%20Newsletter%20Issue%201.pdf

hectors house
20-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I'm really struggling with starting a newsletter and I'm getting a bit stuck what to put in it and how to lay it out.

I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share a sample of their newsletter?

Thanks Sarah x

I couldn't put on a sample of a newsletter as it had photos and names of children in it but here are a few ideas of the sort of things I put in mine (although I haven't done one for nearly a year as I know e-mail parents every evening a sheet detailing what child has done and I add anything I need to tell them on that).

For my first newsletter I just put my name and Registered Childminder in big font at the top - then date and Issue 1

then introduced what the newsletter was for.

Hello Parents

Just thought I would try a newsletter, to make sure I say the same thing to you all, as it can be a little hectic at the start or end of the day.

Then just put reminders about my holiday dates, asking for correct clothing for the season

Summer – just in case we get some sun!
Can children please bring or leave with me the following:
Sun hat
Sun cream –at least factor 30, small size if possible as I may have to take 3 bottles when we go out – with name on
Spare clothes – shorts, T shirt,
Light coat/cardigan/sweatshirt and pair of trousers
in case the weather changes
Practical shoes or sandals

Add some images - from internet or clip art

I tell them about training courses I am going on, any topics we are working on, trips planned, any vacancies I have incase anyone wants an extra day (this is how I fill most spaces).

Reminders about keeping me up to date with new phone numbers, work extensions, who has permission to collect child etc

Obviously I don't put all of these things on every newsletter, I alternate things depending on what issues I need raising.

Keep it light hearted, put text in different fonts, sizes, colours to break it up or put in text boxes and add clip art - photos

Just go for it - you can always change the format on the next one if you're not happy.

Tulip
20-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Brilliant Cherry and Hectors house i'll be borrowing some of those ideas :)

gremlin
21-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks for all your ideas!! I feel inspired now :) xxx