PDA

View Full Version : What expenses could my self employed assistant claim for

dette
19-11-2013, 09:48 AM
I have 2 self employed assistants.I am helping them to do their paperwork.Does anyone know what they can claim as expenses.They need to have a mobile phone available so i'm presuming some portion of their mobile phone contract but how much ?? what about washing work clothes ??? any ideas

rickysmiths
19-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Travel to and from work? Any extra cost for insurance if the carry children and maybe a % of a breakdown cover like Green Flag or AA.

Any phone costs they have for you should be your expense I would have thought not theirs.

I don't think you can claim for work clothes or washing them unless you do because you provide logo uniforms and you launder them.

Not much really because they are working for you and business costs are all yours.

Just be careful though because I thought that Assistants had to be paid at least min wage and as such you had to Employ them and they could not be self employed.

dette
19-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Travel to and from work? Any extra cost for insurance if the carry children and maybe a % of a breakdown cover like Green Flag or AA.

Any phone costs they have for you should be your expense I would have thought not theirs.

I don't think you can claim for work clothes or washing them unless you do because you provide logo uniforms and you launder them.

Not much really because they are working for you and business costs are all yours.

Just be careful though because I thought that Assistants had to be paid at least min wage and as such you had to Employ them and they could not be self employed.

They charge me £6.31 per hour for using their services.As self employed they could charge me what they wanted i supose (as we do as childminders) but i wouldnt feel right paying any less than they could earn elsewhere so we agreed on that figure.I took advice from many threads on here and decided that it was better for them to be selfemployed.I hope this is right.