PDA

View Full Version : Useful having husband as assistant?

butterfly
17-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I was thinking about possibly having my husband as my assistant. what would be involved? does someone come and check them? exactly what difference would it make to my registration ratios? i was thinking it could be useful for occassional minding. sometimes i'm asked at short notice to have a child but i'm already up to my ratio so it would be useful to be able to say yes.
would it make a difference to me being able to have 2 under 1 with one being my own? at the mo i can't have any because my son is 6 months but would my husand be able to have one?
sorry for all the questions but i have absolutely no idea about assistants!

Alibali
17-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Surely if hubbie is there he can look after your own lo without being your assistant, therefore freeing up your under 1 space?

Minstrel
17-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Hope i'm not wrong but i think i've read somewhere on here before that it doesnt work like that- they would still be counted on your reg certificate as they are your own children

katickles
17-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Surely if hubbie is there he can look after your own lo without being your assistant, therefore freeing up your under 1 space?

No unfortunatly it doesn't work that way - it doesn't matter if your lo is with you or not, they are still classed in your numbers. Sorry :(

Pauline
17-07-2008, 07:30 PM
If you read through the threads in this section Butterfly there are lots of posts which will answer all your questions.

Rubybubbles
17-07-2008, 09:08 PM
sorry but useful and husband in the same line:laughing: