PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Why .....?

Little Pumpkins
06-01-2008, 08:21 AM
other childminders take your notices down!

I put an advert in the local Asda Thursday, went in yesterday and it was gone. One of the staff said oh another childminder will have taken it down to stop you advertising in her area.

Is that right? I mean one childminder can only have so many children, surely everyone can say they have vacancies.

I'm just a little put off

On a positive I have had my first phone call!!

sarah707
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes that happens unfortunately! Some people seem to think their vacancy is more important than yours...

... play the game yourself by ringing your local CIS every week to update your vacancy status - it pops you to the top of the list again :D

emler
06-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Thats awful - I've never had that happen to me (so far!)
Glad to hear you've had your first enquiry though

Emler x

Spangles
06-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I've heard other people say that that's happened to them too! Isn't it funny! Well, kind of!

I would just put another one up and keep on putting them up!

Good idea to keep bumping yourself up the CIS list - I should do that too!

miffy
06-01-2008, 08:47 AM
I've never heard of that either - afraid I'd just put another advert up!!! especially if the phone call came from that advert.

Good luck - hope you get the job

Miffy xx

berkschick
06-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Or maybe it was the person who rang you that took the advert down?

I have had that happen before ( not with a childminding space but with something I had for sale) when they came to look, they had the advert in their hand! Said they didnt have a pen to write the number down so just helped themselves to the postcard :panic:

Love

Debbie

charleyfarley
06-01-2008, 09:37 AM
I can believe this happens as a few of my adverts have disappeared over the years.

I'd just keep putting yours back up and the CIS is a good idea.

Did anything come from the phone call?

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
i put loads up once in asdas and when i wne tback 2 days later they had all gone, all 10 of them i wasnt convinced that potential parents had taken them down then and having read your post think thats what happened to mine, thing is there are only 2 of us in my school area and i know it wouldnt have been her so why would another childminder do that especiallyif your not in their area ...... how awful if true xxx

Little Pumpkins
06-01-2008, 12:41 PM
well I went back yesterday and put two up lol, and went back today to check if they were still there and thankfully they are.

The lady who did call got my number from the CIS

angeldelight
06-01-2008, 01:38 PM
What a cheek

I would put a new one up every day until they got fed up ha

Angel xx

Mollymop
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I haven't heard of this kind of thing happening in my area, but I should think it does go on now and again. Most of the childminders in my area are supportive. I have one who is a friend from school who I hadn't spoke to in years and we got talking and told me she was a childminder, bla, bla.. she said she would help me and she said that i could have some of her children if she gets too full.:) She gave me her card and said, "if you ever need anything....
Sad, that this has happened to you, Anna. But you never know, someone probably didn't have pen with them and took your card, cheekily, so they could ring you.

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:55 PM
What a cheek

I would put a new one up every day until they got fed up ha

Angel xx

Thats exactly what I would do.

Fortunately this doesn't seem to happen in my area!

buildingblocks
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
You are lucky our supermarkets don't let us advertise on their boards

littlestar
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
thats awful we sould all be working together theres enough people in the world that are haters i think we are all one big family and sould be watching each others back dot point scoring you sould put in bold writing DO NOT TAKE DOWN I NO WHO YOU ARE!

kelly76x
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
when i decided to advertise my best friend who is the most popular childminder on the estate i did ask her first of she had a prob with me advertising which she wasent but i felt happier for asking .. the only prob i have had is i have a website with a guest book with quite a few lovely comments in especially from ladies on here but my friend said to me in the playground about a comment left so i checked and although it wasent nasty it was very sarcastic i thought, about me putting i was excellent ( i offer excellent childcare was the statment) did i have refs ect and the last thing she wrote was a comment about my tv always being on in the pics so i had to check this out of 11 photos u can see the tv twice and both times its away from the activity its on in the background i was so upset somone woud put this so i deleted the guest book. i dont think it was a parent with a genuin enquiry as they owuld have emailed or called but i was very upset all i could think about was it was another childminder yet there isnt one with that name in my area maybe i am getting paranoid lol.

mummyspice
11-01-2008, 11:25 PM
That's terrible! Maybe a potential client took it though? I have done this in the past with items for sale:blush: :blush:

carolinel
11-01-2008, 11:33 PM
when i decided to advertise my best friend who is the most popular childminder on the estate i did ask her first of she had a prob with me advertising which she wasent but i felt happier for asking .. the only prob i have had is i have a website with a guest book with quite a few lovely comments in especially from ladies on here but my friend said to me in the playground about a comment left so i checked and although it wasent nasty it was very sarcastic i thought, about me putting i was excellent ( i offer excellent childcare was the statment) did i have refs ect and the last thing she wrote was a comment about my tv always being on in the pics so i had to check this out of 11 photos u can see the tv twice and both times its away from the activity its on in the background i was so upset somone woud put this so i deleted the guest book. i dont think it was a parent with a genuin enquiry as they owuld have emailed or called but i was very upset all i could think about was it was another childminder yet there isnt one with that name in my area maybe i am getting paranoid lol.

but surely they would use a pseudonym?

deb24
18-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Sorry for being thick what is CIS?

Raggydolls
18-01-2008, 07:18 PM
it means Children's Information Service

leanne
xx

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 05:58 PM

I must admitt (no wasn't me!!) we don't really have the telly on much and I always make sure it's off when taking pictures:laughing: