PDA

View Full Version : Top inspection day tips

sarah707
17-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I am writing some guidance about how to impress Ofsted inspectors - what really worked for you on the day of your inspection?

Please share your ideas and I will collate them for a document to go into files.

My inspector loved our photo album which showed her all the things we do every day. I explained 'you can't possibly see how much we do with the children in the few hours you are here... so the children have put this together for you'....

Thank you! :clapping:

moggy
17-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Laying out all my paper work on the table before inspector came:
Everything from Complaints folder (empty!) to fire drill records, child info folders, register, visitors book (if you have one), planning folders, catalogue of resources, certificates, letters of reference, newsletters, SEF etc etc... just put it all out, whether it is looked at or not it helps as it a] looks like you have a lot of stuff and therefore must be thorough, and b] All is easy to access if they ask to see a particular document (no rummaging in cupboards). I have a lot online/on PC now so would probably list that and have my laptop ready to access anything asked for there too.

Ripeberry
17-11-2013, 02:39 PM
As moggy said. I brought my whole metal file box downstairs and put it on the table (only a small one). I also checked her ID and got her to sign my diary.