PDA

View Full Version : dbs check (crb)

ja-lula-belli
15-11-2013, 02:27 PM
How often do you need to do your center check? I obviously have one but was wondering do timers to update it at any point?

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

sarah707
15-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Yes in Wales - maybe Welsh members will confirm but I think it's every 3 years - does your certificate have an expiry date? ! :D

tulip0803
15-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Yes in Wales - maybe Welsh members will confirm but I think it's every 3 years - does your certificate have an expiry date? ! :D

Yes as Sarah says it is every three years. You need to contact CSSIW before the third anniversary of the date on the certificate to get the form/ arrange an appointment. All adult members in your house also need to renew theirs every three years.

ja-lula-belli
15-11-2013, 06:38 PM
That's great thanks. I was just thinking about it today and nobody had informed me about renewal. So I now know. Thank you ladies x x

Ja-Lula-Belli Childminding

manjay
16-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Changes are on the way:rolleyes:

This was published on PACEY Cymru's facebook page at the end of October.

'Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) update.
Faced with reducing budgets and competing priorities, Ministers have had to take difficult decisions as it is not possible to continue to fund all areas of activity that are currently being supported.
Ministers have taken the decision to cease Welsh Government funding from 2014-15 in respect of free of charge Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for those working in regulated day care settings. However, Welsh Government support for such checks will continue during the current financial year.
Those working within the sector will not need to have a check undertaken every time they move to a new setting and should be encouraged to register with the DBS Update Service, which costs £13 per year, to maintain their check.'

I guess we will receive more information as the practicalities are worked out.

tulip0803
16-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Changes are on the way:rolleyes:

This was published on PACEY Cymru's facebook page at the end of October.

'Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) update.
Faced with reducing budgets and competing priorities, Ministers have had to take difficult decisions as it is not possible to continue to fund all areas of activity that are currently being supported.
Ministers have taken the decision to cease Welsh Government funding from 2014-15 in respect of free of charge Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for those working in regulated day care settings. However, Welsh Government support for such checks will continue during the current financial year.
Those working within the sector will not need to have a check undertaken every time they move to a new setting and should be encouraged to register with the DBS Update Service, which costs £13 per year, to maintain their check.'

I guess we will receive more information as the practicalities are worked out.

Why on earth didn't they include that on their newsletter that I got last week? I'm not on facebook!

Mines due Feb!!! DH & DS May:panic: