PDA

View Full Version : think it was a compliment!

loocyloo
14-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I was at a dance class the other evening and one of the girls I often chat to is in her mid 20's. ( i'm not! )

somehow I mentioned I was a childminder and she said 'wow, you don't look like a childminder' :laughing:

when I asked why, she didn't know, but just that she didn't think I was one! she said I always seem really happy and bubbly and to enjoy my job! :D obviously any other childminder she knows doesn't! :D

clareelizabeth1
14-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Well it is odd to enjoy your job. Everyone I know hates their job their not childminders though.

I love my job I'm paid to play with play dough what could be better.

loocyloo
14-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Well it is odd to enjoy your job. Everyone I know hates their job their not childminders though.

I love my job I'm paid to play with play dough what could be better.

I know! I spent the morning kicking leaves, stamping in big muddy puddles and throwing stones in the river! then pretending to be the troll as the 'billy goats gruff' crossed the bridge! fantastic! :clapping:

Tulip
14-11-2013, 11:32 PM
Definitely a compliment :)

Rubybubbles
15-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Yeah well done

JCrakers
15-11-2013, 08:17 AM
:laughing: Didn't you know, you are supposed to look grey and haggled....I usually do and I'm 38 :thumbsup:

You cant go out looking decently dressed and happy. You have to be worn down to the bone with food stains all over your clothes

bunyip
15-11-2013, 08:59 AM
I was at a dance class the other evening and one of the girls I often chat to is in her mid 20's. ( i'm not! )

somehow I mentioned I was a childminder and she said 'wow, you don't look like a childminder' :laughing:

when I asked why, she didn't know, but just that she didn't think I was one! she said I always seem really happy and bubbly and to enjoy my job! :D obviously any other childminder she knows doesn't! :D

At the very least, it translates as "prettier than Granny Murray" :laughing:

......which I'm sure you are. :littleangel: ;)

emma04
15-11-2013, 08:05 PM
At the very least, it translates as "prettier than Granny Murray" :laughing: ......which I'm sure you are. :littleangel: ;)

Granny Murray is frightful and having seen her as a serial killer in "Bad Girls" (that prison drama) I cannot look at her as a child care practitioner, without wanting to phone my safeguarding team! Lol !!
No one is that smiley! And I swear she wears neck scarves to hide her battle scars .....oh and that huge handbag definitely contains a glock or two!!

FussyElmo
15-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Granny Murray is frightful and having seen her as a serial killer in "Bad Girls" (that prison drama) I cannot look at her as a child care practitioner, without wanting to phone my safeguarding team! Lol !!
No one is that smiley! And I swear she wears neck scarves to hide her battle scars .....oh and that huge handbag definitely contains a glock or two!!

She served her time and paid her debt to society :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Explains the skeleton though :D

emma04
15-11-2013, 08:39 PM
She served her time and paid her debt to society :laughing::laughing::laughing: Explains the skeleton though :D

Are you referring to Claude? Think he's more of a mannequin than a skeleton, but still as freaky! "Good morning my little honey pie!" It's like a quote from HALLOWEEN 3!

FussyElmo
15-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Are you referring to Claude? Think he's more of a mannequin than a skeleton, but still as freaky! "Good morning my little honey pie!" It's like a quote from HALLOWEEN 3!

Is it a mannequin I think I was subjected to it once at a friends house and I wouldn't watch it again as I don't watch scary programmes :laughing::laughing: