PDA

View Full Version : C&F Bill latest

Simona
14-11-2013, 09:56 AM
The C&F Bill has rejected anamendement to make present ratios statutory...so we will hera about this again and again
The committee has also passed agencies and paid for inspection.

The agency consultation is due out very soon but what is the use of it when the agencies have been passed already?
what a waste of public money to consult when the govt intends to ignore us anyway?

Despite this we will make sure that consultation has as much input as we can get from the whole sector.

I am not surprised at what is coming out at the moment and why we are being asked strange questions about agencies and ratios

This tweet says what the consultation is about

'consultation is on key requirements for agency registration, not on agencies as concept'

That explains why the trial agencies are asking for our opinion on what an agency should offer its CMS...so simple but so devious!
whatever cms have said to the trialling bodies will be in the consultation then? not long before we find out

Simona
19-11-2013, 06:36 AM
I have not, as yet, seen the transcript from the C&F Bill debate, I will try to locate it.
In an article in NWorld it appears the Lords debated 're-inspections' but one peer has suggested removing that clause as, she said, CMs were unlikely to be able to afford re-inspection

'The committee also discussed plans for childcare providers to be able to request paid-for Ofsted inspections. Baroness Walmsley suggested removing the clause from the bill as childminders were unlikely to be able to afford re-inspection and costs could be transferred to parents'

I wonder how the Baroness could make that statement when we do not as yet know the cost of re-inspection?
Do you feel that CMs should be excluded and denied the choice to be re-inspected if they so wish, while other providers can have the option if that is included in the Bill?

jadavi
19-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Thanks Simona

Grim news indeed...
Surely we won't need to do it more than the present rate which is once every three years?

Smiley
19-11-2013, 08:24 AM
I seem to remember reading something about possibly £800 for re-inspection but not sure where I saw it!

rickysmiths
19-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Are we talking about re inspection or Individual Inspections for those who don't join an agency?

Simona
19-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Are we talking about re inspection or Individual Inspections for those who don't join an agency?

I would 'assume' we are talking about a re-inspection when a provider has been graded 'requires improvement'
In this case the provider will be monitored within 6 months, and re-inspected within 12 months (see page 22)

Ofsted | Conducting early years inspections (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/conducting-early-years-inspections)

Most providers may want to wait but if not should they be denied the right to ask for a re-inspection?

Smiley
19-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think anything is confirmed as yet about the costs for providers who choose to pay a re-inspection fee. So until we find out I'm going to keep calm and carry on!

Simona
19-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't think anything is confirmed as yet about the costs for providers who choose to pay a re-inspection fee. So until we find out I'm going to keep calm and carry on!

No cost has been announced but something happened in the debate recently according to PLA...must look for the transcript later on.

sarah707
19-11-2013, 07:14 PM

I have just been interviewed for a magazine article and the question asked was 'how do childminders feel about paying £700 for a re-inspection'? ...

I said it was way too much!

nothing about inspection costs - just reinspection :D

AliceK
19-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I've just tonight been on a training course and our LA has just told us (and she was quoting from some Ofsted training she had been to) that the cost for inspection for independent CM's will be £800.

Now if you look at that split over 3yrs it works out to around £5 per mth so IF that were the case I would pay that in order to remain independent. But what I'm concerned about is if a complaint is made against me and an inspection is then triggered, surely I wouldn't have to pay for that??? CM's could be inspected every month and have to pay for that?????

xxxxxx

Simona
19-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I've just tonight been on a training course and our LA has just told us (and she was quoting from some Ofsted training she had been to) that the cost for inspection for independent CM's will be £800.

Now if you look at that split over 3yrs it works out to around £5 per mth so IF that were the case I would pay that in order to remain independent. But what I'm concerned about is if a complaint is made against me and an inspection is then triggered, surely I wouldn't have to pay for that??? CM's could be inspected every month and have to pay for that?????

xxxxxx

The fee we pay Ofsted (£35 pa at present) covers our registration, inspection and also all the updates and work Ofsted do for us like all the newsletters and guidance they publish.
The cycle should be for every 4 years...the present cycle of inspection I believe is 2012 to 2016...unless Ofsted has moved that ?
That figure of £800 has been mentioned before many times but until we get 'confirmation' from the DfE anyone giving us a morsel of news is just increasing our worry....someone somewhere knows what is going on but cms will be the last to hear!

AliceK
20-11-2013, 09:23 AM
The fee we pay Ofsted (£35 pa at present) covers our registration, inspection and also all the updates and work Ofsted do for us like all the newsletters and guidance they publish.
The cycle should be for every 4 years...the present cycle of inspection I believe is 2012 to 2016...unless Ofsted has moved that ?
That figure of £800 has been mentioned before many times but until we get 'confirmation' from the DfE anyone giving us a morsel of news is just increasing our worry....someone somewhere knows what is going on but cms will be the last to hear!

That's another thing we were told, Oftseds inspection cycle has just started again now. ???

Like you say we will be the last to be told anything though :panic:

xxx

Simona
20-11-2013, 10:29 AM
That's another thing we were told, Oftseds inspection cycle has just started again now. ???

Like you say we will be the last to be told anything though :panic:

xxx

AliceK...LAs never fail to give us information that is pertinent to them, we have often said there are 152 of them and 152 will have their own rules and guidance!!
If your LA knows all this info it follows all of them know something but few have passed the info on to cms?

I am intrigued to find out how they are now going to operate in future and guide us when their duties have actually been removed by the passing of the clause in the C&F Bill only a few days ago?