PDA

View Full Version : feedback as promised......

Mrsh3103
08-11-2013, 12:20 PM
-Inspector arrived at 9.30am. I checked her I.d- make sure you do this. She told me that she had done quite a fee inspections recently where the cm didn't check, it gave a really bad 1st impression as they could be letting anyone in. Also make sure you get her to sign the visitors book.

-she set herself up on my sofa with her laptop & all my paperwork. She spent the 1st hour sat reading through my files and typing. Then she started firing questions at me! Make sure you know exactly what to do if you've got a safe guarding worry.

- She was hot on planning. She wanted to see it written down and linked to the child's interests. She also really wanted to see where next steps had been followed through so make sure you're linking them together.

-she followed me around for the next hour asking what I was doing, why I was doing it, how it benefited the children, could I do it differently, which of the 7 areas does it include. We were playing in the garden woth bubbles and one of the mindees blew them. She wanted me to be able to link it to the 7 areas, tell her which are range and provide a next step!!!! I was honest and said this is where I think it links but I've only been doing this 6 months and would need to refer to the dm guidance to be sure- she was happy with this thank god.

-SEF is a massive part of the inspection. If you don't do one make sure you have valid teasons why not and you are able to clearly and confidently explain why you don't!

-I use my living room for minding, she wanted to know the reasons why it was set out the way it was. Why did I put things where I have. Why have I chosen those toys to be out etc. The only answer I had was space for the children to play!

At this point I was a gibbering wreck! I don't deal with stress and nerves very well and she was very intimidating. A lovely woman but one of those that has that kind of stern face and tone.

-working in partnership was a BIG deal! She wanted evidence of what I'd been doing and how I was going to move this forward.

- professional development is another kne she was hot on. She was impressed with my cpd file.

-Make sure you have parent questionnaires done and maybe some testimonials written.

-hygiene was another big thing. I get the kids to wash their own hands before and after meals. After playing out etc. But one of my recommendations is to have the younger kids wash their hands after I've changed their nappies.

I think that's all the main points. So glad I don't have to go through that again for 3-4 years (unless I get a complaint)

I hope this helps :)

hectors house
08-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Thank you for sharing and even more congratulations of getting a "Good" she sounded scary! I guess that getting children to wash hands after you have changed a nappy does get them knowing that once they are potty trained that they need to wash their hands, but I feel it would take my attention away for longer from the other mindees. Last week with 3 mindees in nappies, I changed 7 soiled nappies plus several wet ones, if I had to add on taking each mindee to wash and dry hands we would have lost an hours play!

Cinnamon Sugar
08-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Brilliant feedback, thank you. I bet you're so relieved it's all over. Well done :-)

Tinkerbell1979
08-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Well done!

What's a CPD file?

k-tots
08-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Thank for the heads up....."panicking" now:-(

hectors house
08-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Well done!

What's a CPD file?

Continuous professional development - a record of your training and maybe a list of what other training you would like to do and why.

Tinkerbell1979
08-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Oh thanks - I do have one then lol

JCrakers
08-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Crikey, she was very thorough.....I've been doing this 6yrs and I'm not sure if Id be able to real off Dev matters in questions as much as I know it well.

I bet you're glad that's over with...well done :clapping:

cathtee
08-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your inspection with us, there are some points for me to look at in my own workings so thanks for that:thumbsup:

Bet you're glad it's over with I'm due march next year :panic:

watford wizz
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Many congratulations!! Well done you !

chris goodyear
08-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Well done!! I hope I don't get that inspector - she sounds a nightmare! Talk about being picky, I'm scared now and not due till next March.:panic:

Tulip
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
:phew: I bet you are glad thats over and done with!
Well done really pleased for you and thanks for sharing :)

sarah707
08-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you so much for sharing! Well done you :clapping:

The Juggler
08-11-2013, 06:31 PM
well done you for surviving that grilling!

Lu 2010
08-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Well that sure has scared the c**p out of me :panic:

Well done

blue bear
08-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Thank you, great feedback and congratulations :clapping:

loocyloo
08-11-2013, 08:47 PM
thank you and well done.

she sounds a bit intense! and like Jcrackers ... not sure i'd be able to say where/what etc for development matters! been in childcare for 25 years ... childrens development doesn't change, just the way things are worded and the areas they put them in!

AdeleMarie88
08-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you for sharing and even more congratulations of getting a "Good" she sounded scary! I guess that getting children to wash hands after you have changed a nappy does get them knowing that once they are potty trained that they need to wash their hands, but I feel it would take my attention away for longer from the other mindees. Last week with 3 mindees in nappies, I changed 7 soiled nappies plus several wet ones, if I had to add on taking each mindee to wash and dry hands we would have lost an hours play!

Perhaps you could use the dry wash gel? I don't know if that's a viable solution, but I like to use it with my mindees, they are fascinated by it aswell! X

gef918
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for taking the time to feedback.

My inspector also suggested getting little ones to wash their hands after a nappy change.

Kirstylob
10-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Definitely some points to consider ready for my insection.
Well done you!

unalindura77
03-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Wow..I felt as if it was happening to me while reading this! It's very helpful, I am looking for as many tips as possible and it's great when others leave feedback and very generous of you.