PDA

View Full Version : Help/Online Courses/Training for starting ones own Preschool?

ChinaEYFSguy
08-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Hi again,
I'm doing an awesome management thing where I'm finding out what my teachers dreams and goals are and helping them get info, training etc...on those things (even if they have nothing to do with EYFS or teaching)
One of my teachers would eventually like to have her own preschool.
I thought the lovely ladies of Childcare.co.uk might be able to point me in the right direction to help her out. :)
Thoughts??

ChinaEYFSguy. :)

Karen1
08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
hi

id like to know the answer and help towards this.

tia

Bluebell
08-11-2013, 03:26 PM
This is a really interesting question - where are you based??

I guess you may need different courses for different aspects of the role required. It will also depend what her existing experience and qualifications are

You will need to meet whatever the local requirements are so if you need to be a level 4 to manage a pre-school (I've no idea what the actual requirements may be the EYFS statutory requirements will probably specify) then she needs to make sure she has a relevant level 4. If she is going to be managing the business some leadership courses might be beneficial and if she wants to own the pre-school as her own business rather than just run it maybe some business / finance courses would be beneficial.

I'd like to eventually run / own a pre-school but not sure if I'd ever have the guts / finances to do so. Nevertheless I am working on getting experience within a pre-school setting, getting experience of leadership by taking on an assistant (albeit only 1 as opposed to potentially several in a pre-school) getting generic leadership qualifications and getting relevant childcare qualifications and other training such as safeguarding, domestic violence, etc (- various relevant training) that when all added together will look good on a CV and will stand me in good stead for being able to do the actual job!
When I looked at the CV's I was sent for the job I advertised I know what impressed me and what I was looking for so I want mine to stand out too.

ChinaEYFSguy
08-11-2013, 11:10 PM
This is a really interesting question - where are you based??

I guess you may need different courses for different aspects of the role required. It will also depend what her existing experience and qualifications are

too.
China.
Yah, sorry anyone replying, plz remember that I'm way over here and the relevant laws/regulations don't apply. What I'm looking for is the other stuff, say...a free online course in running your own business, how to choose a curriculum or a "Idiots Guide" that I can download. :)
Thx. :)

ChinaEYFSguy
08-11-2013, 11:13 PM
hi

id like to know the answer and help towards this.

tia

Hi Tia,
You mean you'd like to participate in her work? Sorry, unless you'd also like to relocate to Beijing, that's not gonna happen. ;)
However, if you come across any free access stuff online, you could send me the link. :)
Thx much,
M

bindy
09-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi Tia,
You mean you'd like to participate in her work? Sorry, unless you'd also like to relocate to Beijing, that's not gonna happen. ;)
However, if you come across any free access stuff online, you could send me the link. :)
Thx much,
M

Why don't you google free on line courses in running your own business? Don't think you will come across anything free, that is a course though lol You may get some advice.

ChinaEYFSguy
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Why don't you google free on line courses in running your own business? Don't think you will come across anything free, that is a course though lol You may get some advice.

Hi Bindy,
Thx. I'm doing that but I was hoping some folks on here would have something on hand. :)

M

bindy
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
There are courses on line for running your own business or Day care but I think you have to pay, you never know some one may be able to help you out or point you in the right direction!