PDA

View Full Version : CLL observations

tori4
06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
So I have a house full of 1-2yrs all saying lots in there different ways.

I do lots of photo obv but now need to add what they are saying as

1) it's really cute
2) it's shows their understanding
3) I dnot do it enough

But here's my thing, I do obv at the end of the day/week/mnth. I'm no gd with post it notes ( DS keeps nicking em) and I can never find a pen.

Plus I love the ease if technology and all my other obv on on the PC.

I also feel real daft when I try and write how that said it ie backwards upside down and musing a few constants

So how does everyone records there LO verbal observations does anyone have a verbal obv form?

Can anyone help ?
TIA xT

moggy
06-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I just video them while they are engaged in something, catches all that lovely babbling. Otherwise just a notebook on the table and jot anything down. Parents are always keen to tell me the little things their LOs say too and I record that in LJ as 'news from home'.

gef918
07-11-2013, 09:59 PM
I have a voice recorder on my phone. If a child has said something that I want to record, I repeat it into my phone. Got some strange looks from the mindees initially (why was I repeating what they were saying), so I explained that what they had done/said was so great that I needed to remember it to share with their parents.

Simona
07-11-2013, 10:25 PM
So I have a house full of 1-2yrs all saying lots in there different ways.

I do lots of photo obv but now need to add what they are saying as

1) it's really cute
2) it's shows their understanding
3) I dnot do it enough

But here's my thing, I do obv at the end of the day/week/mnth. I'm no gd with post it notes ( DS keeps nicking em) and I can never find a pen.

Plus I love the ease if technology and all my other obv on on the PC.

I also feel real daft when I try and write how that said it ie backwards upside down and musing a few constants

So how does everyone records there LO verbal observations does anyone have a verbal obv form?

Can anyone help ?
TIA xT

It can be hard to remember what children say and record it verbatim unless you do a 'focus' observation...I take pictures and then put what they said in quote next to it...I find this usually happens when children are 3 years of age as their language is developing alongside their reasoning

Remember that Communication and Language is up to age 3 (CL) and part of the Prime Areas so covered in your 2 year old Progress Check then Literacy kicks in after that in the Specific Areas of learning

Hope this helps??