PDA

View Full Version : 9 week old baby

lashely
05-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Hi

I have had an enquiry for a 9 week baby as mam is going back to school. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I have experience of babies as a nursery nurse and my own children but not as a childminder and am wanting any advice you can give me :-)

Thank you in advance

Pixie dust
05-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I had a really young baby about 4 weeks old as mum had her own business and needed to get back to work. All I would say is try and get your self organised with a routine, I didn't find it too hard but only had one other child plus the baby most of the time, the day I had three was a bit more difficult as the baby took more of my time with bottles etc but to be honest really little ones don't do a lot apart from eat and sleep. I had the travel cot set up in the lounge so I had a safe place to put the baby away from the other children.

cathtee
05-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I had a 10 week old one start at the beginning of the 6 weeks school hols so I had my own 2 plus 1 other mindee and I didn't find it too
bad, routine is the best thing and being so young you can get them into your own routine,she has been my youngest mindee ever
that was 18 years ago and she's now at uni.

funemnx
05-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I've had a 10 week old before - it's quite rare these days to get a really little baby as mum's tend to take a year off now.

As said before, they aren't awake for long so it's mostly feeds and sleeps. I had a cot in the lounge for the first 3 months or so. Enjoy it, I'm so jealous :)

tas
05-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I had one from 4 weeks old and found it easy as little one was a content baby who just ate and slept all day, they also havn't had time to pick up any bad habits from home! ;)

The only thing I really did differently to older babies was not putting baby up to bed instead using the relaxer chair for sleeps, as I preferred little one to be nearby.

lashely
05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
That's fab thank you. Mam is going back to school that's why he's so young but the travel cot idea is brilliant I shall use that or my rocking bouncer depending on mums preference.

Yes I thought that he's young so no bad habits yet ;-) I'm hoping they are happy with me etc as I love babies just can't have another of my own and this way I get my baby fix :-)

Jenna
05-11-2013, 08:06 PM
I had a 7 week old he was much easier than the rest of my mindees put together. All he did was eat and sleep at first. It was lovely watching him grow up. It's been like having a baby but not having the sleepless night. Lol

lashely
07-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Lovely :-) we move house on Saturday so I'm hoping they come next week and like me and start in December

Fingers crossed