PDA

View Full Version : has seen the first house decorated for christmas

FussyElmo
01-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Anyone beat me.

It would drive me nuts to have the decorations up for that long.

funemnx
01-11-2013, 10:10 PM
I love Christmas BUT anything longer than Chrismas Eve to New Years Days is too long for me! :panic:

FussyElmo
01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
I love Christmas BUT anything longer than Chrismas Eve to New Years Days is too long for me! :panic:

We get the tree up because the children want it but its usually down before new year

Kiddleywinks
02-11-2013, 06:18 AM
My neighbour has started putting theirs up (mid October), but doesn't switch them on till nearer the time thank goodness - think they must get a special rate off the national grid lol

I don't do Christmas till 1st December (bah humbug), that's the day I buy a big bottle of baileys, and will receive my DS and DD's list without complaint :laughing:

Koala
02-11-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm thinking about it!!! I love twinkly lights - the smell of Christmas, it always warms my heart.

My tree is 20 years old - nothing matches - lots of things my kids have made over the years - every bauble/ornament, bit of dangly gives me a warm feeling. My youngest son decorates it for ME! It generally looks like a skip and I love it.

I have lots of pressies bought, wrapped and hid, all mindees pressies done, Bring on Christmas.... I love you! :thumbsup:

clareelizabeth1
02-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Normaly decorate the outside at beginning of December as we have a christmas/because we feel like it party each year so it's nice to have people see it as I have no neighbours so no one would see it if I didn't do it then

Glitter
02-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Christmas CD starts playing on 1st of December, but decorations don't go up until a couple of days before Christmas. And it is always down on New Years Day.
I love Christmas but get fed up of having everything out.

bindy
02-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Tree goes up on December 1st only because my daughter and I go to my mothers house for Christmas, so only have the tree for 2 weeks. Last year I put the tree out side on the balcony before we left. Seemed very strange undressing the tree on December 14th but it was great not coming back to a dead tree after the New Year. My neighbours were going to take it and use it but did not like, I told them if they see it out there this year please to take. Christmas starts for me once back at my family! Lots of children, decorations, happy soles and drink!!

shortstuff
02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I dont do anything for xmas until the 2nd week of december as its ds's birthday on the 2nd.

I feel to do anything earlier would take the shine off for him x

Also im a major humbug but try to hide it x

FussyElmo
02-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Tree goes up on December 1st only because my daughter and I go to my mothers house for Christmas, so only have the tree for 2 weeks. Last year I put the tree out side on the balcony before we left. Seemed very strange undressing the tree on December 14th but it was great not coming back to a dead tree after the New Year. My neighbours were going to take it and use it but did not like, I told them if they see it out there this year please to take. Christmas starts for me once back at my family! Lots of children, decorations, happy soles and drink!!

I totally agree.

Im putting my tree up on the 8th as that's when my brother and sister -in-law arrive with my niece (who I have never meet).

The children always decorate here and it will be nice for my niece to join in too :clapping:

Its going to be a fabulous family Christmas here :clapping::clapping::clapping:

SYLVIA
02-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Ist of december the tree goes up here, kitchen and playroom decorated and then playroom added to as the LO's make things. All down after new year. I love Xmas!

smurfette
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Hmm am thinking of 26th nov this year!! We have a talk show here called the late late show and they do a toy show every Christmas, kids demonstrate toys and its full of little cherubs playing and choirs singing its fab! It's the start of Christmas for a lot of people here but apparently this year it's 26th nov!! Won't feel like Christmas if the tree isn't up!! Am hoping date is wrong!

fionamal
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
We put ours up the first weekend in December and normally its down boxing day as im fed up with it all by then

snortlet
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
we normally put ours up after Children in Need at end of November. I am usually taking it all down just after Boxing Day too as it gets on my nerves after then!

Tulip
02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Anyone beat me.

It would drive me nuts to have the decorations up for that long.

Thats just plain daft!

littlebears1009
02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
My dd's birthday is on the 9th so if her birthday falls mid week we usually put the tree up that evening as she usually has her party on the nearest weekend. And its a lovely family thing to do for her on her birthday! If it falls on the weekend then we do it on the day her party isnt on x I love xmas and the warm cosy nights but to put it up any time sooner would drive me batty!

sing-low
02-11-2013, 01:59 PM
No decs up yet here but I am already planning. We have family living abroad so I have to sort out their presents during half term or they won't arrive on time:(. That puts me in the mood for some Christmas planning (almost as much fun as the real thing, I find!)

dawn100
02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
My tree is normally up in the first week of dec I'm a big kid when it comes to Christmas and can't wait but any earlier and I would go mad!

cathtee
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
It's my dd birthday on the 1st Dec so tree doesn't go up until mid dec although she's 28 this year and married but it's tradition.

Rachel6
02-11-2013, 05:54 PM
We don't put the tree up till around the 15th December,youngest sons birthday 9th December(will be 22yrs) & oldest sons birthday 22nd December(will be 23yrs) so we have a mixture of birthday & Christmas oh the joys. Xx

Ripeberry
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
A house in another village has a normal tree in their garden all lit up. But it's like that most of the year.

Daisy1956
02-11-2013, 09:30 PM
We don't put or tree up until 15th Dec, it's my daughter's birthday on the 1st abd eventhough she is over thirty we don't put the tree or any christmas cards up until later.

adedwards68
02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Outside decoration are put up end of November to be switched on 1st December. Inside ones done beg of December. Like them all taken after news year day

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

dawn100
02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Just drove past a house in the neighbouring road with lights up outside and inside, santas and more!

clairer
03-11-2013, 09:08 PM
I like to wait until AFTER my birthday for Xmas decors. 22nd December!

Chimps Childminding
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a small tree and decs that I put in the room I use mainly for cm which will probably go up the first weekend in December. The main tree in the lounge doesn't go up until a week or so before Christmas. My youngest son will be 21 on 20th Dec and he always wanted the decorations up for his birthday (even when he was small), but I don't put Christmas cards up until after his birthday so he can have his birthday cards displayed!!! I am usually ready to take mine down Boxing Day, but normally wait till New Years Day - much to the disgust of my friend who says I should wait till 12th night - can't be doing with the hassle when I'm back at work :panic: