PDA

View Full Version : Still had no training for guidance notes

berkschick
16-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Should I be worried?

All the other minders I know have had 2 full days EYFS training and have large folders with guidance notes in.

I have been told that I HAVE to do the training before September by another minder.

The CIS are aware that I have not done any training and I was meant to be on a list but have never heard anything.

We got a training book through for next years courses and I booked myself on a 2 hour EYFS course in November but it is meant as a follow on for the training I havent had!

I am getting in a right panic now.

I dont know where to start, dont know what this SEF is or anything :panic:

son77
16-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I had a full days training a while back & still came out non the wiser!!

We were never told about the new SEF (found out about this last night on forum) and didnt come away with folders containing guidance notes either.

So in that respect, I wouldnt worry to much.

Just keep on at the CIS, Im sure there will be more training to come yet.

sarah707
16-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Cheshire gave me a print out of the stuff on teachernet :laughing:

mrsb
16-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I've had no eyfs training yet either, the first training course I can get on to is end of september:angry: so for now i'm just soaking up everything possible fro mon here:D

miffy
16-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Don't panic Debbie - I haven't done any EYFS training yet either.

Why don't you phone FIS and see if you can get on some training or at least ask for a copy of the guidance notes the other childminders have.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
16-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I was talking to my friend today who is just going through pre-reg, she uses a childminder, and she made her childminder aware of the EYFS document, her childminder hasn't recived it or had any training.

It's a case of if your in the know, you know iyswim thanks Gaud for this forum, I was fail on everything:(