PDA

View Full Version : safeguarding

Merry-Minder
30-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm happy with my safeguarding policy All expect I realised I don't have a section about 'if an allegation is made' - could someone tell me the correct procedure please.
Thank you.

Bumble Beez
30-10-2013, 04:14 PM
This is what I used to write mine x
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/Allegations_Of_abuse_against_a_childminder.doc

Sarah x

Merry-Minder
30-10-2013, 04:46 PM
That's spot on thank you very much!

One more question though, what if I had a fellow childminder at mine and I popped out for a minute to put the kettle on or nipped to the toilet for example, and one of my mindees made an allegation towards the other childminder?

Bumble Beez
30-10-2013, 05:27 PM
I think as far as that goes just put in a line that says all visitors will sign in and out of your visitors book and that you will ensure you are supervising at all times when the visitor is not DBS checked...if it's another childminder then she would have gone through Ofsted checks and have DBS so I can't see it being a problem x

Sarah x

sarah707
30-10-2013, 06:44 PM
That's spot on thank you very much!

One more question though, what if I had a fellow childminder at mine and I popped out for a minute to put the kettle on or nipped to the toilet for example, and one of my mindees made an allegation towards the other childminder?

You should have a whistleblowing statement as part of your safeguarding procedures which says that if an allegation is made you immediately contact LSCB and disclose what the child has said.

You can't mess about with safeguarding xx

Simona
31-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I would also refer to the DfE Safeguarding document which came out in April 2013...this is 'your guidance' on what is required

Each LA will have a 'sample' policy for providers to understand but on the day it is your policy and you need to be the one making it clear to the inspector you understand the requirements and why

Merry-Minder
01-11-2013, 05:55 PM
That's all really useful information. Thank you all. X