PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED statistics show a drop in providers including CMs

Simona
28-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Ofsted statistics show drop in childcare providers and places | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1218297/ofsted-statistics-show-drop-childcare-providers-places?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate&bulletin=nursery-world-update-bulletin)

SammySplodger
28-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Ofsted statistics show drop in childcare providers and places | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1218297/ofsted-statistics-show-drop-childcare-providers-places?DCMP=EMC-CONNurseryWorldUpdate&bulletin=nursery-world-update-bulletin)

No surprise there is there? Do you think it might help the penny drop? I just posted a link to this article on the DfE FB under the Agencies recruitment thread as the stats bear out what everyone has said. Loads of comments on there about CMs giving up.

AdeleMarie88
28-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm not surprised, but I am very. Sad about this.

I am relatively lucky, as in my area we have a very good network coordinator, but I really feel without her, a lot of CMs would have been lost. Having worked in nurseries and childrens centres, I know without a doubt, my quality of care, is ten times better than what those settings offer. It's a shame for those children missing out! X

Bluebell
30-10-2013, 07:56 AM
its really not surprising at all and very sad.

Simona
30-10-2013, 08:36 AM
its really not surprising at all and very sad.

My view is that neither Ofsted, or DfE or Truss can be surprised that the negative way cms are being addressed is causing a negative result due to their flawed policies.

However, the statistics do show a drop in 'registered cms' but they do not show how many 'CMs assistants' are in the system and not quantified or classified as CMs...something that PLA in its response has rightly addressed and requested figures on.

lets see what the figures say when PLA gets a reply

gef918
10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
It's not surprising and it's only going to get worse once agencies come into effect. When I started minding I was sure that I would be doing this job until I retired, however, now I'm not sure what I'll be doing this time next year.