PDA

View Full Version : Tax return help!!! Expenses seem high

sarahc
27-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi all, I'm finally getting round to my tax return and am panicking as my expenses (and just the usual ones like food, wipes, water, council tax etc) come to about half of my income. I often only have one child at a time as I have a little one of my own but I do work at least 40 hours a week. Is this normal?! I'm worried that they will think my expenditure is too high :( what's the usual percentage for most of you for expenditure against your income? Any input appreciated!

Rick
27-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Have a look at this thread. Half your income seems normal

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/book-keeping-accounts-tax-expenses-national-insurance/119114-%A32000-expenses.html

clairer
27-10-2013, 07:57 PM
I found the same on my tax return, child minding is an expensive business and the income is relatively low!:blush:

Rick
27-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I found the same on my tax return, child minding is an expensive business and the income is relatively low!:blush:

It can seem that way although we are allowed to deduct so much. We can deduct 10% for wear and tear but in reality we probably wouldn't spend that much replacing worn or broken things. I put on toddler groups and bus fare but before childminding I usd to spend this anyway taking my son, now I can deduct it

cathtee
27-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I never used to claim my diesal but have started to do so from 2012 and it soon mounts up:thumbsup:

hectors house
27-10-2013, 09:50 PM
My expenses for last year were just under half of my income too so don't worry - as long as you have only put through things that are allowed you have nothing to worry about. :thumbsup: