PDA

View Full Version : temporary contract.

LYN L
23-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Hi. Does anyone have a copy of a temporary contract i could use please. Would like to put one in place for a child coming next week for 3 days only. Reluctant to use a pacey one for such a short time.

moggy
23-10-2013, 07:42 PM
It is just 3 days total? Never going to be more days?

I would not do a contract for just 3 days- just get full payment in advance. Then there is no need for a contract: they can not do a runner, you have the money even if they do not turn up.

If you want you could just write a short letter saying 'this is invoice for 3 days payment to be paid in advance for xx dates, payable before 1st day of care, if child does not attend then no refund is owed, if you are closed (due to illness etc) then refund will be made for days closed.' Call that a contract if you like and both sign it.

Do permissions, policies and child record form. That is all.

But, if you want to do it properly you need the 'Pacey Temporary Contracts' book- maybe worth it if you regularly do these sort term things. Also worth it if you want to be watertight in terms of Pacey legal support- but to be honest, if you have money in your hand not much can go wrong that they could help you with anyway.

Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I would do it!