PDA

View Full Version : E Truss will be on BBC Question Time this Thursday

Simona
22-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I have just picked this up on twitter...worth watching if indeed she does appear...confirmation of the panel usually is on the day
Will keep you tuned!

Rick
22-10-2013, 05:34 PM
I have just picked this up on twitter...worth watching if indeed she does appear...confirmation of the panel usually is on the day
Will keep you tuned!

I'll be watching that if she is indeed on.

FloraDora
22-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Always watched Question Time, attended it once years ago - definitely be tuned in. Thankyou for that ( possible) heads up.

Simona
22-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Always watched Question Time, attended it once years ago - definitely be tuned in. Thankyou for that ( possible) heads up.

I love BBCQT and watch every week with a glass of wine and ipad to participate on twitter
I shall put a magnum of wine on ice on Thursday...think I feel blood pressure going up already!

Simona
22-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Well the news is spreading very fast on Twitter and Linkedin!!!!

Truss' appearance is on the BBC website so lets hope she will not pull out
If you are on Twitter do join us because #OftsedBigConversation is in and we will be using the #EYTalking and #EYManifesto hashtags to collate our tweets and send them to @trussliz

SammySplodger
22-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I am hoping she gets Pax this time...

Kiddleywinks
23-10-2013, 06:38 AM
I bet she'll send someone else instead :rolleyes:

Simona
23-10-2013, 06:40 AM
I am hoping she gets Pax this time...

On Question Time??? no she will get a lot of people ready to send her messages and get some answers to many unanswered questions since she has kind of disappeared recently...has anyone seen the Under Secretary?

if she did not appear if would start to be a bit strange but this is the BBC and maybe she is there to tell us all that 'unqualified teachers' are ok in 'free schools'....this is what she has been on TV the last few days...defending Gove's flagship...I wonder if childcare will even get a question...that is why we want to join by tweeting!!

Hope you will join us on Twitter Sammy!!! spread the word

SammySplodger
23-10-2013, 09:08 AM
On Question Time??? no she will get a lot of people ready to send her messages and get some answers to many unanswered questions since she has kind of disappeared recently...has anyone seen the Under Secretary?

if she did not appear if would start to be a bit strange but this is the BBC and maybe she is there to tell us all that 'unqualified teachers' are ok in 'free schools'....this is what she has been on TV the last few days...defending Gove's flagship...I wonder if childcare will even get a question...that is why we want to join by tweeting!!

Hope you will join us on Twitter Sammy!!! spread the word

Doh! I had brain rot last night - of course I was thinking of Newsnight :-&

But yes, hopefully she might get a suitable roasting on QT...

SammySplodger
23-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Not been tweeting much lately as my app went odd, will update and join in later. Might need large mug of coffee first tho...

Simona
24-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Ready to go now...not sure what to have ... wine? chocolate or strong coffee or all three!
Please tweet and use #eymanifesto for tweets to be collated

loocyloo
24-10-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm watching and bored. Unless I missed something so far?

The Juggler
24-10-2013, 10:21 PM
oooh she is making me cross. so you went to a flipping comp and got into a fantastic uni - well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt' mean you know diddly squat about what is best for our kids or know how they learn best.

Gove wants kids to be quiet - thinks whilst they are discussing what they are learning and talking about what they think they are NOT learning. They both need to do teacher training or a child psych degree and then tell us that what they want is still best. just cos it worked for them doesn't mean it's best for everyone. some people do well despite a 'bad' education or despite an 'old school' education. :angry::angry::angry:

loocyloo
24-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree. I was getting cross too.

Smiley
24-10-2013, 10:30 PM
ET and Caroline Flint both argumentative and don't listen, I sense they irritate each other!

Simona
24-10-2013, 11:07 PM
After tonight's performance I think I will go and work in a free school ...no qualifications = no hassle!!!
Truss was on to promote unqualified teachers in free schools but is this the same Minister who wants a fully qualified EY workforce?
Confusing to say the least.

As for her mum being a CND member...wow ...why does Truss promote Trident then?? But I deviate.....

bunyip
25-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Just removing the brick-proof grille from the front of the TV now......................... :angry:

bunyip
25-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Just removing the brick-proof grille from the front of the TV now......................... :angry:

................... looks like we're going to need a new one. :D

mrstom
25-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Is it worth watching?

DH and I usually catch up with it on a Friday night as it's on too late for us to watch it live (I like my sleep too much!). If I'm likely to get annoyed with Ms Truss then I'll leave DH to watch it and go and do something more productive... like bleach the grouting in the bathroom or something ;)

jackie 7
25-10-2013, 08:54 AM
She and Caroline flint behaved worse than any 2 yr old. I just got do cross with her I wanted to scream but as I am not an M P I know how to behave. She has a way of talking that annoys me. She is so superior and arrogant. I need coffee.

bunyip
25-10-2013, 09:06 AM
She and Caroline flint behaved worse than any 2 yr old. I just got do cross with her I wanted to scream but as I am not an M P I know how to behave. She has a way of talking that annoys me. She is so superior and arrogant. I need coffee.

The shorthand for this is "Tory". :rolleyes:

Simona
25-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Is it worth watching?

DH and I usually catch up with it on a Friday night as it's on too late for us to watch it live (I like my sleep too much!). If I'm likely to get annoyed with Ms Truss then I'll leave DH to watch it and go and do something more productive... like bleach the grouting in the bathroom or something ;)

If you approach it without expecting too much then you won't be disappointed...I was not in the least surprised or disappointed by her performance or by her answers and I was fairly calm.

Two things made me a bit cross though...she blamed the previous govt for failing to address energy prices but I did not hear her praise the previous govt for the achievements on Every Child Matters? and which she is busy dismantling at a very fast pace and rightly addressed by the woman's comment at the end

Truss got very annoyed when she was interrupted and not listened to...wonder if she appreciates how we feel when we have failed to be listened to for the last year?

Happy watching!

AdeleMarie88
25-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I love BBCQT and watch every week with a glass of wine and ipad to participate on twitter I shall put a magnum of wine on ice on Thursday...think I feel blood pressure going up already!

I plan to watch on iplayer later!

Daisy1956
25-10-2013, 12:53 PM
Missed it last night but I will look on catch up, The thing is she just irritates me and I get annoyed so it could spoil my evening.

The Juggler
26-10-2013, 07:59 AM
ET and Caroline Flint both argumentative and don't listen, I sense they irritate each other!

with my new teacher training knowledge I will tell you/them why ;). They NEVER had talk for learning in their schooling. They were taught to be quiet and listen. If they had be schooled with talk for learning, they would learn not to be argumentative but have learned to listen, take turns and discuss their ideas together - lol