PDA

View Full Version : Journal for over 5's??

hayeschildcare
22-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi

I wonder if you could help. I have a 5 (nearly 6) year old boy I look after a three days a week after school. I have a journal for under 5's, but what should I be providing for over 5's. At the moment I am just using a notepad to note activities/meals etc just for me really so I can make a note of what sort of things he has/hasn't enjoyed and I am taking a few pictures of his artwork, but what will Ofsted expect to see when they visit.

Your ideas would be much appreciated as I am new to childminding and want to be prepared (if you ever can be???) for my grading visit.

Many thanks.

Sarah

bunnyjess
22-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi! I do a daily diary and learning journal for my under 5s and just a learning journal for over. I just put in pictures of what we've been doing and their crafts for over though

gef918
26-10-2013, 05:40 PM
For over 5's, I would just keep a daily diary to let parents know what they have been doing and a scrapbook of photos/pictures etc to evidence for Ofsted.

clairer
26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
For over fives I made notes in a learning journey of activities, meals, behaviour etc. I also stuck in photos and drawings. I was told by my Ofsted inspector I was doing "too much" for the older ones. I have carried on however as I believe another inspector may have another opinion. In actual fact I believe the learning journeys illustrated the good job I was doing in my setting for all ages, and after just 4 weeks practice I earned a Good with Outstanding qualities rating.