PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

littlepumpkins
21-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Has some of you know I am starting the pre-registration course next week but my current landlord won't give me an answer if I can go ahead and childmind from the house. I don't want to pay the £120 for the course if I cannot go ahead with the career, we have just looked at another house and that landlord said she will be fine with me being a childminder as she used to be a nanny.
My question is can I go ahead and do the pre-registration course, first aid etc then when ready register with Ofsted depending where I'm living? Do I have a time limit to register with Ofsted? Does the course run out after a certain amount of time?
Thanks. X

littlebears1009
21-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I think if i remember right from my course in may it is 12 months then you have to do the course again if you havent registered x

Mrsh3103
21-10-2013, 01:20 PM
You do have a bit of time after you've completed the course. My tutor told me it was about 2 years! I'd get it done but be looking to move while you're doing the course :)

sing-low
21-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Check with your LA. My course was subsidised, but on the condition that we registered with Ofsted within 6 months of finishing.

littlepumpkins
21-10-2013, 01:55 PM
That's great thank you :) x