PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

Little miss
19-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
I though that in the childcare website I could send a message to a parent without being a paid member as long as they had messaged me.
I've just tried to re message a parent via their original message to me but it can't be sent as I've already replied to their original message?!
Annoyed!

Rick
19-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
I though that in the childcare website I could send a message to a parent without being a paid member as long as they had messaged me.
I've just tried to re message a parent via their original message to me but it can't be sent as I've already replied to their original message?!
Annoyed!

I'm afraid you can only reply to one parent message once. They would need to contact you again to allow you to message again.

Mouse
19-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I discovered this the other day. A parent messaged me, I messaged back thanking them & saying I'd send more info that evening, then found I couldn't message them again!! Very frustrating!

Richard
19-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Free members can reply to each message they receive from a gold member once. If you have already made a free reply and the other member hasn't made a further reply then you can't make a second free reply unless you are a gold member.

Little miss
19-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Thank you for making this clear on this thread, and happy to be corrected but I was bit aware of this and cannot find this information anywhere else? If I had bee aware of this, like another poster here, I would have given more information to parent in my original reply. My mistake, but still feeling somewhat cheated

tas
20-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Oh no how annoying that you cannot make further contact without paying membership :(

I wasn't aware of this either but thank you for sharing as I will make sure all contact information is put in the reply post

FussyElmo
20-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I guess this is realistically the limitations of not being a gold member.

bunyip
21-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I've not yet got any business from the website, but am only recently a gold member and am very impressed with it. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

It is very well monitored and profile updates get processed very quickly, so I never have to worry about disappearing from the list for long if I feel like the occasional bit of tinkering with my entry.

My only gripe is the large number of parents who lack the courtesy to reply to, or even read, many messages. But that isn't the website's fault.

I can only thank and praise Richard for his diligence and kindness. :thumbsup:

ange-a
14-11-2013, 10:31 PM
I've send over 30 messages to potential parents and I've not had one message back...not even one to say that's but no thanks :-((
Sad and disappointed :-((

clareelizabeth1
14-11-2013, 10:58 PM
I got all my clients from it when I set up. So it was well worth doing for me. Wish it set you up for just one year though so you didn't have to remember to cancel.