PDA

View Full Version : Registering Additional Room?

Binney
18-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone,

My spare room is registered with Ofsted as a room i use for the business, but soon I will need to use it for a different purpose. I want to register a different bedroom instead for the children to sleep in. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks everyone!

hectors house
18-10-2013, 12:47 PM
I would ring and ask them what information they want from you - it may just be that they change on your registration that you use for example bedroom 3 rather than bedroom 2 and that they can do it over the phone - they may want you to put in writing how you have risk assessed using this room eg: children in cot can't reach anything, blind cords secured safely, you will have a baby monitor in room and how often you check sleeping children etc.

I have the whole of my house registered that way I can move travel cots around into my children's rooms if we have visitors using spare rooms or that I can bath a baby in bathroom if they had an explosive nappy or I can put down plastic sheets on floor of utility and bring in bucketfuls of snow if children too young to go out in it!

Binney
20-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Thank you Hectors House!