PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

santana taylor
16-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi guys I'm just wondering if I could ask for some advise, I've been registered now since August and I am struggling to get the children in, I have only lived in my new home since fen and have done a lot of work and have spent a lot of money and I feel very confident in the care I can provide, but I am struggling with advertising. My local area doesn't really have anywhere I can display my posters and I have been leaving my cards with everyone I possibly can, I have also tried to find a local mother and toddler group but wasn't very successful there either! I am in the processor sorting a banner I just can't afford to spend anymore money as I'm not working at the moment! I have one little girl who comes 8 hours a week and I just can't seem to get more children in!! Can anyone think of any free advertising techniques please :/ I don't want to give it up!! Thank you

sarah707
16-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Tell everyone - absolutely everyone you know and people you don't know in the shops - that you have spaces!! :D

Twinkling Stars
16-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I normally put on my personal facebook i have spaces. All my current mindee's have come to me through my facebook. I have found that people also recommend me to her friends and family because of this. Goodluck x

Glitter
16-10-2013, 08:27 PM
You could advertise on netmums for free. It can help if you have a website (I have a free one from weebly) so parents can get an idea of what you offer.

Yellow pages will let you have a free listing, and you can put your business on google maps so it will show up if someone googles childminders in your area.

I have had lots of interest from leaflets left in local coffee shops.

I heard of one childminder who made herself a large badge saying ' I am a childminder, ask me for details.' which she wore everytime she left the house (but that one does depend on how brave you are!).

Good luck with finding more mindees.

dawnn93
16-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Advertise on gumtree that's free
Local nurseries notice board
The website www.childcare.co.uk is free to create a profile and even consider a website www.wix.com or a Facebook page solely for childminding inviting friends and joining closed groups such as toddler and parent cafe groups

You will get something soon chin up x

MessybutHappy
16-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Make sure local nurseries know you have spaces, if they have enquiries they can't meet perhaps because they're full or not open long enough, they may mention you.

You could try the library too. Do you have any further education places near you? They often have a welfare office who will help students with finding childcare so speak to them.

I'm hoping you're on childcare.co.uk and with your local family information service?

It's like buses though, you'll get nothing and then, when you're least expecting it you get three enquiries!

santana taylor
16-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Thank you everybody, all the local shops/libraries etc are quite strict, I am on childcare.co.uk and I also have a Facebook page in which I have record 55 likes and only approx 40 are my friends the rest are families! The child that comes to me has been helpful, her mum has put things on Facebook etc it just seems very slow! I have been trying to contact local childminders and there's no local nurseries really, I'm heading out of area! I am going to speak to my health visitor soon because I'm struggling to find local groups etc too!! I really appreciate every bodies help I will keep you all posted :) thank you all again :D

k1rstie
17-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Have you got an NCT sale on near you. You could give out your cards to everyone standing in the queue, plus have a chat with them . Often people will queue for an hour before the sale to get a good place in line.
Those mums will either be pregnant, or have a baby or toddler.
Sometimes you can pay the group to put your cards in the carrier bags.
People do travel a distance to get to these sales, so if you have missed your local one, it might be worth going a bit further afield

Be quick. Sales are usually over in a few weeks. Look at the nct website for dates and venues. Ours is also doing a Christmas sale.

santana taylor
17-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Thank you I shall have a look :)