PDA

View Full Version : Adverse weather conditions

Rickers83
12-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi

Having seen the report in today's express about the bad winter we are to expect this year, what are people's policies regarding adverse weather conditions, when do you still charge & when do you not?
Thanks

Little_steps
12-10-2013, 09:36 PM
That is a very good question, I shall be needing a power cut one so will probably add weather into it.

I hadn't thought along the lines of payment yet so thanks for reminding me.

My view will prob be, if I can stay open and can, keep them warm, fed and safe etc then I will charge. If I can't do those things I will have to close so won't charge. If I close halfway through I would charge the hourly rate.

Simona
13-10-2013, 08:33 AM
It depends on what people think is 'adverse' weather conditions? a few leaves on the tracks or the wrong type of snow?

In those circumstances the chance is the parents are affected too and unable to leave their home to bring the children to us and go to work themselves.
Unless we are to experience huge storms, tsunamis or very heavy snow that makes it impossible to go out of the front door I think we should operate and have a plan in place?

Any other ideas?

starlight1
13-10-2013, 02:52 PM
My full time mindeee lives next door so no matter what the weather she always makes it :laughing:

lizduncan72
13-10-2013, 06:18 PM
One of my families lives two minutes walk away and the other is five minutes walk-they can always get here!! Fortunately though one mum is a teacher and the other is a student at the local college so if weather is bad enough to close schools and college then they won't come anyway :) I still charge though provided I have power and food since I'm available for them to come. Last time we had really heavy snow none if the kids came so spent the time making snowmen with my kids :)

gef918
26-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I charge for 'snow days', because I am available for work (and I love to play in the snow). However, I did have one parents say she would walk her 3 children 2 miles through the snow to get to me! Fortunately, that year we didn't have much snow on the days they came - hated to think of the kids making that journey (particularly at the end of the day) - would have closed for business if necessary.