PDA

View Full Version : School water bottles

Nicola Carlyle
11-10-2013, 10:10 AM
My daughters school has sports water bottles for all their children. They are supposed to get emptied everyday and re filled every morning but I know they NEVER get washed properly ever. My daughter has had hers now for 5 years and I don't think it's ever been washed. After school yesterday I noticed they were outside in a plastic box on the ground of the playground. This morning when I went I went to drop her off they were STILL lying outside. Is it just me that finds this disgusting and extremely unhygienic?

FussyElmo
11-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Our school tried this a couple of years back they have soon gone back to us providing them just because of the washing of them :-)

I would be contacting them and seeing the risk assessment on them :D

Bumble Beez
11-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Our school sells water bottles...parents buy them and take responsibility of washing and refilling them.

Personally I think its the only way forward :thumbsup:

Koala
11-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I hate reusable drinks bottles that aren't monitored and CLEANED.

I stopped using sports bottles when I noticed my kids were chewing the spouts and dirt started to gather in the nooks and cranny's of the chewed bits, YUK.

My kids started taking them to primary school - as requested - and they didn't get washed or even filled with fresh water daily, they just got filled when they were empty, eeeekkkkk.

We buy water from costco now and our kids use that and at least we know its relatively clean.

shortstuff
11-10-2013, 12:43 PM
DS has a water bottle which I have provided and it comes home every night so I wash it out and provide fresh water every day. If he is being good and drinks it all in the day they also have fountains where he can refill it.

Would schools not find this easier?

kellyskidz!
11-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Urghh that's gross! I'd have said something to teacher like why are the water bottles still out there from yesterday?
Could you just provide your own anyway, and use the fact that they were left outside over night where cats and god know knows what else could have wee'd or worse on them as a reason for not using the school ones?xx

Maza
11-10-2013, 01:58 PM
You need to mention this to the Head. Sometimes they just aren't aware of what goes on with the 'little' details. You don't need to go in 'all guns a blazin' ' you could just ask them to clarify their policy on drinking water as you need reassurance that they are offered CLEAN FRESH water every day in CLEAN containers. I would mention that you had noticed that they had been left outside over night. Could you imagine if Ofsted caught us doing the same?!