PDA

View Full Version : are school ofsted inspectors the same

Mrsh3103
09-10-2013, 02:39 PM
As the ones who inspect childminders???
I had the call from prospects last week to find out my movements during the week so I'm expecting an inspector any day.
I've just had a letter home feom school saying they're being inspected tomorrow. Could they just pop in as they're in the area? Slightly worried :-/

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 03:16 PM
I don't think so, but I'm not 100%
My inspection was due same time as local school, all the schools in the area were done within the same 2 weeks but mine was a month later, don't know if that helps you xx

FloraDora
09-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Definitely not - the inspectors going to the school will not have time to 'just pop in'. They are on a very full 2 day school inspection - get to school about 7.45 and leave at 5-6 each day.

You should be inspected by a specific Early Years inspector who has experience and knowledge in the EY.

Mr Gove and Mr Wilshire have this year started to do a focus week or more on LEA's that are underachieving - which involves inspecting across the settings EY - High school . But a batch of inspectors come in, they don't share settings or schools, each place has a normal section 5 inspection with their own inspectors - but this could account for a number of schools in the same area being inspected in a short time frame.

To my knowledge no LEA is currently a focus this week.

Good luck.

Simona
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM
As the ones who inspect childminders???
I had the call from prospects last week to find out my movements during the week so I'm expecting an inspector any day.
I've just had a letter home feom school saying they're being inspected tomorrow. Could they just pop in as they're in the area? Slightly worried :-/

No inspectors should not just pop in to do a schedule inspection
If you have been called you have been warned though.....so be prepared
Those who inspect EY should have knowledge of out sector...or so Ofsted says...they are being retrained at present for the new framework
Good luck!

itsybitsyteeny
09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
How often are the inspections for childminders at the moment? Every 3 to 4 years?

Simona
09-10-2013, 06:20 PM
The present cycle is from 2012 ...revised EYFS....and ends in 2016
Every provider has to be inspected at least once in that cycle...unless things have changed your grade decides your date...Ofsted appear to be concentrating on low grades and complaint triggered inspections and newly registered cms.

But who knows??