PDA

View Full Version : Bike mystery!

Mouse
09-10-2013, 02:35 PM
DS has just been out into the front garden and found a child's bike propped up against the fence.

The gates are always open, but someone must have come through & put it in the garden. They couldn't have reached from the path. It's a nice enough looking bike - nowhere near new, but still works, so hasn't been dumped because it's broken. And if someone was dumping it, why bring it into a garden?

DS is now on lookout to see if anyone comes back for it :laughing:

supermumy
09-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Could be nicked and they have just left it there to get it later happens a lot

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Very odd! Maybe a child on street has been called inside and left it there xx

kellyskidz!
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Or maybe its Santa :)

bunyip
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Could be someone failing the practical test in their Level 3 Diploma in Scrap Metal Trade Studies. :rolleyes:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Ripeberry
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Bit cheeky of them. I'd put a lock on it and then they'd have to ring my doorbell to get it back. The I'd tell them I did it to make sure it was safe...

Bumble Beez
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
If someone knows what you do maybe they left it for you to use?

I woke up one morning and found a double buggy on the driveway...never knew where it came from or who left it but I kept it in the garage for months and put a notice up about it...so assumed that someone left it for me to use for childminding!!

None so strange as folk hey?!

Sarah x

blue bear
09-10-2013, 06:48 PM
I've had ex parents leave toys and equipment on my doorstep,could that be it?

Mouse
09-10-2013, 07:46 PM
:update:

I asked a neighbour if she knew anything about it. She said there'd been a bike left out the front of the houses about a week ago. We have a grassy area in front of the houses & do sometimes get things dumped there. As she was leaving for work she spotted the bike there & saw a man come along, look at it and wheel it off down the street. She thinks it's that same bike that's now found it's way back into our garden :huh:

We left it until we went out at 6pm and put it out the front of the house. By the time we got back it had gone, so goodness knows whether we'll ever see it again :rolleyes: