PDA

View Full Version : Daliy routines/activities

Bakez66
08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi, I currently have a structured daily routine in place and When I mentioned to another childminder that we have music time and story time she was surprised. I also have a set time for activities every morning and then we go on an outing. Is this to much? Should it be less structured? what did you all do when Ofsted came out to inspect you? X x

moggy
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi, I currently have a structured daily routine in place and When I mentioned to another childminder that we have music time and story time she was surprised. I also have a set time for activities every morning and then we go on an outing. Is this to much? Should it be less structured? what did you all do when Ofsted came out to inspect you? X x

If it works for you then carry on, as long as you are giving the children choice and allowing them options and freedom to do what they like (within reason!). There are eduction methods with structure to the day (I am thinking of Steiner but there are probably others) and some children find that very reassuring. As long as you can talk about why you do it that way and how the children benefit from it.

Bakez66
08-10-2013, 05:44 PM
My answer to that is to prepare them for pre-school and school also they say some needs to be adult led so I thought that nursery rhyme time and story time covers this?

Bakez66
08-10-2013, 05:48 PM
If it works for you then carry on, as long as you are giving the children choice and allowing them options and freedom to do what they like (within reason!). There are eduction methods with structure to the day (I am thinking of Steiner but there are probably others) and some children find that very reassuring. As long as you can talk about why you do it that way and how the children benefit from it. My answer to that is to prepare them for pre-school and school also they say some needs to be adult led so I thought that nursery rhyme time and story time covers this?

sarah707
08-10-2013, 05:55 PM
My day has structure - and times for free play as well. The children here thrive on the combination of activities I offer and it helps them to potter through the day knowing what is coming next.

We all work differently it's important that you do what works for you :D

MessybutHappy
08-10-2013, 06:02 PM
We do the same thing each day... School, activity away from home, Home, wash hands, free play, nappy, wash, lunch, story, teeth, nap, free play, school run, activity, tea....HOME TIME!!
Structured but varied!