PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for sharing, Sarah...planning problems resolved

Rubybaby
05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm now minding again after a short (unexpected) break, during which time I knew that if I didn't sort my planning out before any newbies arrived, I would be in for a meltdown!
I've looked at so many trackers, forms, templates and lists and felt so totally bogged down by all of them, and spent hours searching for a simple and straightforward and do-able planning document...but at last I think i've found one, right here on the forum free downloads, so I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for sharing the play plan and obs tracker...you may well have saved my sanity (and no doubt that of other stressed minding folk out there!)xx

sarah707
06-10-2013, 06:10 PM
I am so pleased you have found it helpful! I try to give lots of examples to spark the imagination and make the Eyfs doable :D

jenisitter
23-10-2013, 08:39 PM
can anyone share an easy form for planning for individual i am not stuck on monthly adult led activities you can get some off the net to help for like a quid.

I do an ob link it to eyfs, then saythe characteristic of how they learnt then write their next step down. As I care for 6 children I have a weekly planning sheet (although may use it for say a couple of weeks) and write each child's focused individual planning on there so eg :
johnny literacy writing provide him with different writing tools, ie. pencils thin and chunky write his name down for him to copy - do dotted letters for him to trace over, then maybe incorporate saying the name of the letter then sounding letters out - recognising letters when out and about.

if that makes sense ?

sarah707
25-10-2013, 07:33 AM
can anyone share an easy form for planning for individual i am not stuck on monthly adult led activities you can get some off the net to help for like a quid.

I do an ob link it to eyfs, then saythe characteristic of how they learnt then write their next step down. As I care for 6 children I have a weekly planning sheet (although may use it for say a couple of weeks) and write each child's focused individual planning on there so eg :
johnny literacy writing provide him with different writing tools, ie. pencils thin and chunky write his name down for him to copy - do dotted letters for him to trace over, then maybe incorporate saying the name of the letter then sounding letters out - recognising letters when out and about.

if that makes sense ?

This is my play plan where I write day-to-day individual planning for Eyfs aged children. You might find it helpful :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/play_plan.pdf

bulldog
11-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Love, love, love Sarahs play plans!
Have used them for ages now and find them brilliant!
I link my photos to them and add post its as needed too. Makes life so much easier!

sarah707
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
The Forum has updated its links to Early Years Outcomes - the NEW Development Matters guidance - you can grab your copy from here -

Early Years Outcomes (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/earlyyearsoutcomes-with-notes.html)

If you are not sure what I am talking about it's all explained here :D

Ofsted News - November 2013 - (http://independentchildminders.weebly.com/1/post/2013/11/ofsted-news-november-2013.html)

Lu 2010
11-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Am I being really dumb??

Does the play plan cover all the paperwork I need except for a summary/long term assessment??
At the moment I do assessment, weekly planning and obs/next steps separately.