PDA

View Full Version : courses to be childminder

aysmith
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can help as I'm getting really confused.

I would like to start the process to become a childminder but someone told me I don't need any formal qualifications? Someone else told me I do but I need to check with my local council as different areas want different things? If this is the case unsure what to do as my husband is in the army and were currently based in Germany, were moving back in 2015 but no idea where about in the UK we will be going as of yet. If I don't need any qualifications could someone recommend me a course that would be useful as hubby is going to afghan soon for 9 months so would be nice to have something (besides my 1 year old) to keep me busy and also help me out when I do look to start work when back in the UK. Thanks in advance :-)

Rick
05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi I hope this thread answers your questions

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits/117176-registering-childminder.html

moggy
06-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Until you know where in the UK you will be living there is not much you can do- even the supplier of the first aid course is Local Authority specific. As is the choice of basic course, although most ask for the CYPOP5. To be honest, looking far ahead there could well be national changes in CM requirements as lots of things are in the pipeline. Not much help to you I think, sorry.