PDA

View Full Version : potenial visit and mindee here

Karen1
02-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Hi. I normally do potential visits when I have no mindees, but new enquiry cant make the time I am available and can only do the one day. now this is a first day for a new mindee too!!!

so... do I need to get current parents permission to show potential parent/mindee around?

does it work best when have mindees here or to carry on and do it when just me (and sometimes my children)?

thanks

Tealady
02-10-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't get parents permission. It's my home and they need to trust that I won't let anybody be alone with their child. I do mention it in passing.

I try and parent visits when I am quiet or on my day off but if there is no other option I do warn parents that they won't have my undivided attention and there will be lots of interruptions.

sing-low
02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I would let parents visit while I was minding but not on a mindees first day. Not only is that unfair on the child but it could go badly wrong. Too much pressure on me to get it 'right' which child would probably pick up on and then play up. I prefer to do one stressful thing at once!

starlight1
02-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I had a parent with baby visit the other day while here with toddler.. Everything took much longer but at least she could see the child was taken care of no matter who came to the door.

I aslo wouldn't do it on first day of new mindee..If you speak to mum and expain..It does show you think of the children not just the business

tashaleee
02-10-2013, 12:24 PM
If I had to do it when mindees present I would, but honestly prefer not to because Im trying to create a good impression and my mindees have a great way to distract me :rolleyes:

I definitely wouldnt do one on a mindees first day - I would explain to the prospective parent and Im sure they would understand. (Obviously depends on age of mindee and if they have ever been in childcare before to factor into it) :thumbsup:

Karen1
02-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Thanks for advice, I agree, I am am going to go back to her and say I don't feel it's fair to come on minders first day. And she will have to make another day, even if it's another week. Why do they always leave it to the last min to arrange.

K