PDA

View Full Version : Next steps?

Tinkerbell1979
01-10-2013, 07:58 PM
22m old plays with Peppa pig playground - 1st time I've seen her engage in this type of play. Makes Peppa & Suzy talk to each other although couldn't understand what she said. Then makes Peppa walk up steps to slide, slides down saying weeeeeeeeeeee

What possible could be next steps

TIA

moggy
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
22m old plays with Peppa pig playground - 1st time I've seen her engage in this type of play. Makes Peppa & Suzy talk to each other although couldn't understand what she said. Then makes Peppa walk up steps to slide, slides down saying weeeeeeeeeeee

What possible could be next steps

TIA

I would be looking to provide more opportunities for the same, personally I would not be trying to invent some kind of 'next step' as the child will do that all by themselves. You do not need a next step for every obs. Just have the set out and available and other small world figures, dolls house etc. Child is obviously engaging with it, playing creatively and imaginatively. I'd also be sharing this with parents and seeing if there are opportunities at home for this kind of small world play, what figures/dolls do they like to play with at home etc.

jadavi
02-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Exactly - this step could last a year or more as it feeds into all the learning levels . Just give plenty of opportunity. Small world is a massive area.

hectors house
02-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Agree with others - sometimes they just want to do exactly the same again, they will extend the activity themselves by adding clearer communication (that you can understand), by mixing your resources (Peppa may decide to go on an outing in a car from another toy box).