PDA

View Full Version : I've had the call from prospects

Mrsh3103
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
And I want to curl up in a ball & cry :( I'm not very good at these things! I get so nervous!
This is my 1st inspection & I've had basically no help from my la so I've no idea if what I'm doing is right!
How long between prospects phoning and the inspector coming did you all have? I'm so worried :(

charlottenash
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Prospects called to see what days I work, a week later I had a call from inspector to arrange a time (they don't all do this).

I am like you, I get hot flustered and embarrassed at anything remotely stressful. I explained this straight away to the inspector when she turned up and she was lovely about it all.

I thin though, I struck lucky with my inspector.

You'll be fine, good luck :)

starschildmind
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
And I want to curl up in a ball & cry :( I'm not very good at these things! I get so nervous!
This is my 1st inspection & I've had basically no help from my la so I've no idea if what I'm doing is right!
How long between prospects phoning and the inspector coming did you all have? I'm so worried :(

I managed to put my inspector off for 3 weeks!!!
Im sure you will be fine. My inspectore was lovely xx

sing-low
01-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Exactly the same happened to me today. Eeeek! :panic: And breathe....

This is my plan of action:
- Risk assessments to be finished up (haven't written down ones for outings or groups), probably tonight
- Policies and permissions printed out (I have all of these on my laptop and signed copies from parents, just not in an easy read order for Mrs O. Plus I keep tweaking them and didn't want to waste paper by having to re-print them), tonight
- SEF - have downloaded Sarah's SEF prompt list, start tonight - collating info, it's all there in my head, just not written down
- Ofsted essential paperwork checklist (thanks, again, Sarah), pretty certain I have all of this but just to double check - will also write next to each thing where it is i.e. in child's file in file box/purple LJ folder/displayed on wall
- parent questionnaires, follow up from CPD over weekend, plus to show working with parents
- EYFS requirements - have downloaded this and if I have time I will write next to each requirement my evidence that I do it
- sleep, eat, play with my own children, if I have time! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Oh that sounds like loads to do! Most of it was on my to-do list for this week anyway (honest!):littleangel:

I'm also nervous about whether what I'm doing is 'right'. I know I'm taking good care of my LO's, I know them well, parents are happy. I have no real idea if I'm doing too much or too little and get so frustrated as lots of it is very vague. It will be a such a relief to have the inspection over and done with.