PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg booklet.

Sarahj2012
01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Hi I am filling in the new pre-reg booklet and the first question,
'for each of the seven areas of learning and development, give an example of a play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development.'
Does it mean to plan one activity for both a four year old and young baby that would suit both ages or does it mean one activity for a young baby and a separate activity for a four year old. Also what activity could I use to cover the seven areas of learning.? Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you Sarah

sarah707
01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
If you look through the Development Matters guidance you will find lots of activity ideas :D

Development Matters 2012 (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/developmentmatters2012.html)

moggy
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi I am filling in the new pre-reg booklet and the first question,
'for each of the seven areas of learning and development, give an example of a play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development.'
Does it mean to plan one activity for both a four year old and young baby that would suit both ages or does it mean one activity for a young baby and a separate activity for a four year old. Also what activity could I use to cover the seven areas of learning.? Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you Sarah

The most thorough answer is to do:

An activity for baby for PD, baby for PSED, baby for CL, baby for L, etc
An activity for 4yo for PD, 4yo for PSED, 4yo for CL, 4yo for L, etc

Yes, a lot over lap and some Specific Areas are not relevant to a small baby, but these questions are for your own reference only. They do not read or mark the booklet. They will ask you the questions and you will need to be able to answer them, referring to your booklet if you need to.

The inspector may just say 'can you explain a suitable activity for a 1 year old to encourage CL?' or 'can you explain a suitable activity for a 4 year old to encourage EAD?'. You need to be prepared to answer for any of the 7 areas and all EYFS age groups- read DM for ideas and make notes for your self.

Sarahj2012
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Thank you ladies Im going to go through the
Development Matters Book and start making some notes.
I feel a lot better now. x :)

Louise 1981
02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi all I'm also on this part of the booklet (rest completed) and don't know if I'm over thinking activity ideas and causing more work than needed!!! I have thought about an activity that both children do together and just extend in this for the 4 year old??? So far I've only done one for c&l..... I'm sure I'm confusing myself more!!!!!

Sarahj2012
03-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Hi all I'm also on this part of the booklet (rest completed) and don't know if I'm over thinking activity ideas and causing more work than needed!!! I have thought about an activity that both children do together and just extend in this for the 4 year old??? So far I've only done one for c&l..... I'm sure I'm confusing myself more!!!!! 

Hi Louise so are you reading it as 1 activity in each area that will cover a young paper and a 4 year old ?
or a separate activity for each child to cover the 7 areas. ?

charlotte nadin
03-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I am at this question too and what i have done is got a book that will be for my childminding only and wrote things like menus and a daily plan just to show to ofsted if they ask how i will promote or plan etc... so what i have done for the activities is wrote them in the book so for PD i have put 0-2 then 2-5 for example with activities that i think i will promote there PD

Sarahj2012
04-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Thank you Charlotte, How are you getting on with everything.? For me my brain is beginning to feel like mush lol So much to take in x

Louise 1981
04-10-2013, 11:58 AM
My brain defiantly feels like mush!!!! I'm doing a joint activity for the prime areas and for the specific areas you don't need to apply it to an under 3 so I'm just doing the activity for 4 year old!!

Sarahj2012
04-10-2013, 12:46 PM
My brain defiantly feels like mush!!!! I'm doing a joint activity for the prime areas and for the specific areas you don't need to apply it to an under 3 so I'm just doing the activity for 4 year old!! 

Good thinking Louise, How are you getting on with everything. ? x