PDA

View Full Version : New dentist needed!!

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 03:49 AM
Ok...I'll get you all up to speed...

Our dentist that we use as a family, for the last 10 years, has decided to close and we are now stuck with no dentist ATM.
I spent last week and yesterday trying to find another local dental practice who is taking on new patients with no luck...

And last night DS who is eight announced his tooth hurt...one of the big ones at the back...and when I looked closer at it, it's not looking the best of colours :doh:

So I have been awake on and off all night with him crying in pain and me worrying what to do about his tooth today...urgh...it's just one thing after another in this house lol!!

Can I take him to A&E to have it checked?

Thanks in advance...off for another cup of coffee...zzzzzzzzzz

Sarah x

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 04:58 AM
There is a dental helpline where they find a dentist for you x I cant remember the number but its on nhs direct website x

I will look on my phone in a moment and pm you if you like x

Hope you get sorted x as tooth pain really is awful x

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Have pm'd it to you x

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Thank you so much Gail...son is awake now and still struggling :(

Will call them and hopefully get him sorted today...

Sarah x

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Thank you so much Gail...son is awake now and still struggling :(

Will call them and hopefully get him sorted today...

Sarah x

Glad I knew it existed for you x I really hope ds gets sorted as I think tooth pain is the worst x

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 05:22 AM
It is the worst...I hate it so can understand how he's feeling...

He is sounding like a zombie with his crying so need to get him seen ASAP!

Sarah x

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 05:23 AM
It is the worst...I hate it so can understand how he's feeling...

He is sounding like a zombie with his crying so need to get him seen ASAP!

Sarah x

Yes I agree x give the number a call as I think they are 24hrs x

Its so awful hearing a child in pain too x

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Thank you Gail...very helpful phone line and got an emergency appt too :)

Sarah x

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Thank you Gail...very helpful phone line and got an emergency appt too :)

Sarah x

Yay x im sooo pleased x hope the appointment isnt to long away xxx

Bumble Beez
01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
DS was seen this morning...he has an abscess which he's been given antibiotics for and is having to have it pulled next week :(

I feel terrible as the dentist says it's down to his diet...but I think he eats healthy...so have been told to reassess what DS eats and drinks.

Plus side...they are registering new patients so we can all relax now we have a new dentist :D

Thanks so much for your help today Gail xx HUGS xx

Sarah x

AliceK
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Really glad your poor DS was seen today. There is nothing worse than toothache. Hope the anti b's kick in soon and stop the pain :thumbsup:

xxx

kellib
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
DS was seen this morning...he has an abscess which he's been given antibiotics for and is having to have it pulled next week :( I feel terrible as the dentist says it's down to his diet...but I think he eats healthy...so have been told to reassess what DS eats and drinks. Plus side...they are registering new patients so we can all relax now we have a new dentist :D Thanks so much for your help today Gail xx HUGS xx Sarah x

My son had the same and I felt awful but when I thought about it he doesn't drink fizzy juice as he doesn't like it, he doesn't really eat a lot of sweets etc. he does however drink a lot of fruit juice and eat a lot of fruit which is the problem!

Turns out we can't win no matter what we feed them!

Hope your DS feels better soon

loocyloo
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Dd had to have 'plasters' on her teeth at age 3 .. due to eating fruit! I was mortified but dentist said it was common now as we eat a better diet. .. But they'd rather we ate plain crisps!

shortstuff
01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
DS was seen this morning...he has an abscess which he's been given antibiotics for and is having to have it pulled next week :(

I feel terrible as the dentist says it's down to his diet...but I think he eats healthy...so have been told to reassess what DS eats and drinks.

Plus side...they are registering new patients so we can all relax now we have a new dentist :D

Thanks so much for your help today Gail xx HUGS xx

Sarah x

Hugs right back hunni x glad hes being looked after n youve found a dentist too xxx

caz3007
01-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Glad you have got it sorted. I was mortified as my nearly 11 year old had to have a filling on one of his back teeth, he doesn't eat many sweets but does drink a lot of fruit juice, so we have cut that down to only with meals as feel that's the only thing he really can do