PDA

View Full Version : new Development matters

dilew
30-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi i have just had my pre reg visit (which went well, panic over!!!) , however she (ofsted) just told me that they are changing the development matters book!!
so whe i have my first graded inspection they will be using this to do their checks

i have had a look online and found this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-outcomes

is anyone else aware of these changes

I have just set up all my paper work and brought all my own development matters framework books so not impressed !! :angry:

Rick
30-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Hi and firstly well done :clapping:

Have a look at this thread, in particular post 20. That should explain it

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/independent-childminding-chat/123817-dfe-new-dm-non-statutory-guidance-inspectors-providers.html

dilew
30-09-2013, 01:21 PM
thanks
i asked her if i could keep using the old development matters and she said no although it is not statutory Ofsted like us to use and reference all new and current documents, she said there have been some changes in some of the staments. but after looking i cant see any ?? is there any changes i have not noticed (in the statements we use to guide us)

dilew
30-09-2013, 01:45 PM
HI i did just respond but i don't appear to be going on !!
first of all thanks for your reply
i have had a look at the post, but when i was talking to the ofsted visitor today, and she told me about this new form , i explained i have designed my tracker sheets and two year check forms with the development matters in mind, so i asked would i still be able to use it? she said no although it wasn't statutory ofsted inspectors like to see childminders and setting staying aware of up to date information and using it. she also said there have been a few changes to the statements, but i cant see any !! is there any changes that i can not see ??

Simona
30-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi i have just had my pre reg visit (which went well, panic over!!!) , however she (ofsted) just told me that they are changing the development matters book!!
so whe i have my first graded inspection they will be using this to do their checks

i have had a look online and found this

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-outcomes

is anyone else aware of these changes

I have just set up all my paper work and brought all my own development matters framework books so not impressed !! :angry:

You have the right link to 'Early Years outcomes' which is basically the DM without the Positive Relationships or Enabling Environment
DM is still current but as you say Ofsted inspectors will want to hear you are also using The Outcomes

My LA recommends printing the new document to show Ofsted...I know that advice will differ from LA to LA but I would print it anyway...which is exactly what I was doing when I saw your post!! and once printed keep it with your EYFS 12 and DM

Rick
30-09-2013, 03:03 PM
HI i did just respond but i don't appear to be going on !!
first of all thanks for your reply
i have had a look at the post, but when i was talking to the ofsted visitor today, and she told me about this new form , i explained i have designed my tracker sheets and two year check forms with the development matters in mind, so i asked would i still be able to use it? she said no although it wasn't statutory ofsted inspectors like to see childminders and setting staying aware of up to date information and using it. she also said there have been a few changes to the statements, but i cant see any !! is there any changes that i can not see ??

Hi
As your posts are still in moderation, sometimes you will have to wait for a moderator to check your posts before they show.

The new document is just the Unique Child column in DM. No one can see any difference in statements within that column. The two documents are both still relevant and I will still just use DM as the information is the same plus the other information which is useful and relevant as far as I'm concerned

Simona
30-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi
As your posts are still in moderation, sometimes you will have to wait for a moderator to check your posts before they show.

The new document is just the Unique Child column in DM. No one can see any difference in statements within that column. The two documents are both still relevant and I will still just use DM as the information is the same plus the other information which is useful and relevant as far as I'm concerned

There are NO changes...word for word for the Unique child has been copied in the outcomes.
Use DM but make sure you have the outcomes just to please Ofsted and DfE

I would hazard a guess the 'Outcomes' will be in the EYFS when it is reviewed very soon!