PDA

View Full Version : Driveway

lucyk
27-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm not registered yet but am in the process of doing so. My driveway is rubble at the moment but we are planning to pave it at some point in the future. I have a safe pathway to the side of my house which leads straight onto a large step in front of the door. Will ofsted see this as a problem?

moggy
27-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm not registered yet but am in the process of doing so. My driveway is rubble at the moment but we are planning to pave it at some point in the future. I have a safe pathway to the side of my house which leads straight onto a large step in front of the door. Will ofsted see this as a problem?

It should not be a problem, you need to risk assess it. Go through how you will get children in and out of your house, buggy access, unloading children from/into car etc. If you have it all covered then should be fine, there is nothing wrong with rubble as long as little ones are not going to be getting on it and falling over. You may also want to mention in risk assessment how you will inform parents not to go on the rubble and to keep their children off and how the children are their responsibility once you have handed over at the door at pick up time.

jolliesdean
27-09-2013, 05:05 PM
I cant see it being a problem I have just had my pre reg visit of ofsted . I live on a farm that has old barns and building s that are going to be converted in the furture. He never commented on them as I had fully risked assessed them. As long as you show insight in to risk their fine x

lucyk
27-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the replies!

k-tots
02-10-2013, 12:25 PM
At me pre reg visit my garden was just stones....but I informed the inspector that we plan to grass in the near future and in the mean while we would go out to the park and other outdoor areas......they were fine with that response and noted I was going to grass it for my own children anyway x as long as u advise them and risk assess u should be fine