PDA

View Full Version : Children under 3 heeeellllppppp individual planning

critch
23-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I am currently minding a 6 mth old 2 days a week, a 15mth 2 days and a 2 yr 1 day (all different days) though as I am new I would do this for the first month to get the hang of everything but I cannot find a individual plan that I can get my head around as Although I have themes e.g. Getting to know each other I thought that was more for the older ones 3 plus? So what do you write on individual plan for younger ones as the baby is on the play gym, in the activity centre or in the playnest etc so it will be the same week on week until she can crawl or sit up please could someone help me and let me see an individual plan that is very simple and explain it to me please, also ofsted are due to ring any day to organise my first grading :-/

blue bear
23-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I dont do a plan for each child I do one for the group and put initials against anything on the plan that is targeted for a particular child. My plan is just a word table, areas of developemnt across the top, days of the week down the side.

Especially for this age I do an obs and make next steps from that, these go onto the plan. Keep it simple. Plan things like singing, space to roll, getting out in the fresh air,mark making in food or sensory play, time for cuddles, For the youngest one.

critch
23-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I dont do a plan for each child I do one for the group and put initials against anything on the plan that is targeted for a particular child. My plan is just a word table, areas of developemnt across the top, days of the week down the side.

Especially for this age I do an obs and make next steps from that, these go onto the plan. Keep it simple. Plan things like singing, space to roll, getting out in the fresh air,mark making in food or sensory play, time for cuddles, For the youngest one.

Thank you for your advise, ive done a few weeks of obs and linked to eyfs some with next steps so im getting there but its the planning now! I don't suppose you would share a blank one and a filled in one would you and I could try that?

jax clinch
23-09-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't do any written planning. I write down observations and next steps then think of activities from there, but don't write them down! A lot of what I wrote down would then go out the window because what I think we are going to do doesn't always happen, eg I thought we would do some art work around elmer this afternoon but the boys had different ideas. We made a dinosaur land, read dinosaur books and used potato printing shapes to make a dinosaur picture. I think sometimes we try too hard and think we need to record everything we do! My ofsted inspector last week was more than happy that I didn't have any written planning and could see that I knew my children and planned to their interests. X

jadavi
24-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Please pm me your email address. I have a six week individual plan template that Ofsted liked a lot.

critch
24-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Please pm me your email address. I have a six week individual plan template that Ofsted liked a lot.

It says your inbox is full?

LisaM123
30-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Would you be so kind as to email me it aswell please? I am new and have been doing planning using learning journals however, the lady from the council said there must be more targeted planning around children. Getting some examples together. Many thanks

Simona
08-10-2013, 07:25 AM
If you have done a training session on Planning and observations that should be of help to you
Look at DM to plan the Next steps for your children as each will be unique and at different levels

Try to devise a planning sheet that works for you...we all do things differently and someone else's paperwork may confuse you although it will give you ideas..compare it and see if you come out with your own idea

Your planning should be informed by:
what your child can do now a
where and how you want to extend his learning via his chosen activities and self interest and you scaffolding his learning

Also look at the new inspection framework effective Nov 2013 and see how you can do your planning in preparation for Ofsted expectations

Good luck

jenisitter
23-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't do any written planning. I write down observations and next steps then think of activities from there, but don't write them down! A lot of what I wrote down would then go out the window because what I think we are going to do doesn't always happen, eg I thought we would do some art work around elmer this afternoon but the boys had different ideas. We made a dinosaur land, read dinosaur books and used potato printing shapes to make a dinosaur picture. I think sometimes we try too hard and think we need to record everything we do! My ofsted inspector last week was more than happy that I didn't have any written planning and could see that I knew my children and planned to their interests. X

HI, so do youjust do obs and put next steps on it then carry them out if the child wants to ? then you dont particularly have another file for planning ?

jax clinch
28-10-2013, 10:04 PM
HI, so do youjust do obs and put next steps on it then carry them out if the child wants to ? then you dont particularly have another file for planning ? hello sorry just seen this. No I don't do any other separate planning. I have a book with next steps for each child then try and do activities around their choosing to incorporate their next steps but try to do it within a theme. So for example we have been doing lots of activities to with autumn and where I could and when the children wanted to I did activities to build on what the children could already do x

EmmaD33
01-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi I would also like some info in planning, assessment and observations if anyone can advise. New childminder x