PDA

View Full Version : Observations,, where do you keep yours?

Tinkerbell1979
22-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi keep a scrapbook with photos, artwork and post it note small obs. Long obs I was sticking in too but it takes up a lot of room, so transferred ten to the child's ring binder. BUT now I'm not sure if that's ok as photo for ob will be in scrap book? Arghhhh am I just confusing myself?

How do you all do it?

VeggieSausage
23-09-2013, 04:53 AM
I put everything in a ring binder in date order with latest at the front.....

mrs robbie williams
23-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Mine go in ljs x

Kerry30
23-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi keep a scrapbook with photos, artwork and post it note small obs. Long obs I was sticking in too but it takes up a lot of room, so transferred ten to the child's ring binder. BUT now I'm not sure if that's ok as photo for ob will be in scrap book? Arghhhh am I just confusing myself?

How do you all do it?

I do the same but with long obs ( on a4 paper), i just fold it in half and staple it in. Only takes up half a page then. At least its all in the same plave then.

Tinkerbell1979
23-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks! Think I'll go back to how I did it lol.

Do you divide your scrapbooks into areas of EYFS or just put in date order with it written on forms/pictures/etc?

Kerry30
23-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Mine are just in date order. Next to every activity, post it obs and any photo ie a pic of X having a picnic with friends, i put a small sticker with the initals of the areas of learning (with a key to these in the front). Its like a learning story as i write about what X was doing in each photo. As they are all obs at the dnd of the day. Inspector said it shows im constantly thinking about their learning in everything we do. But thats just the way i do it. The parents love them cos it shows all the things we do :)

SandCastles
20-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I use to do them in EYFS order but it got somewhat complicated, so my new ones I have done in date order and the lo who had the EYFS order has now left and I feel like date order is much easier to keep on top of, but not as easy to find what you are looking for (unless I have my diary with me for the month/date it happened)