PDA

View Full Version : Question ofsted might ask me?

charlotte nadin
20-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi Everyone

I am scared about my ofsted pre registration visit, apparently they will ask a question like what activities could you plan for a 1 year old and a 5 year old.

Does anyone have any information for me??

sarah707
20-09-2013, 04:29 PM
All the questions are in this document - Ofsted Pre-Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/ofstedpreregistration.html).

I suggest you go through them and shout if you are struggling with anything.

Good luck! Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

line6
20-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I had my pre reg back in May and my Ofsted lady was really nice. There is a form you can download which has a number of questions they should ask you on it (I'll have a look for a link in a mo but it's on Ofsteds website) my lady literally sat down and asked me the questions on the form which I already had the answers to because I prepared them in advance. Honestly please try not to worry too much. I didn't have to show any policies or risk assessments at my ore reg either. Not saying you won't but a few samples should be ok rather than every single thing being ready. That's just my experience. They are not there to trick you or tie you in nots. I had a question about my kitchen and I just asked her and she was so down to earth. I hope I have her for my first graded visit that's due soon!!

Simona
20-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi Everyone

I am scared about my ofsted pre registration visit, apparently they will ask a question like what activities could you plan for a 1 year old and a 5 year old.

Does anyone have any information for me??

Don't be scared...the form Sarah mentioned is excellent...print it and maybe jot your answers down...then go to bed each night with it as bed time reading and make sure you learn it by heart!!
Look confident, breath normally and off you go!!!!!!!!!!!!...you will be just fine!!

Good luck...give us feedback.

sing-low
20-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Do you have a copy of Development Matters? I found that really useful in coming up with ideas for age groups that I was unfamiliar with.